BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95

+2
Asaph
Colin
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:36 am

Colin

Colin

http://www.amazon.com/Inner-Conflicts-Billy-Cobham/dp/B00004W5CO/ref=sr_1_20?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1322212578&sr=1-20
Woundedbird/WEA CD before it went 24bit as well.

1975- 1978 Recorded

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=Blilly+Cobham++Life+%26+Times+++CD&x=0&y=0
Life and Times New CD $124:99

1975 Recorded

The Market Place - Don't you just love it.

Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 41NZES9E3VL._SL500_AA300_

Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 415MZPCB45L._AA160_

Outtasight
Colin.

2Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

As much as I love Boomer, are they kidding on those prices ? LOL

the thing about the wounded bird CD's is that none of them were re-mstered using the original tapes . They basically took the best recording they could find, most likely a record, and made these CD's from that. Need I say more ?

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

3Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:59 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Actually, that price is a bit low for you isn't it, Ted?! lol!

4Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Colin

Colin

Ted E. Bear wrote:

As much as I love Boomer, are they kidding on those prices ? LOL

the thing about the wounded bird CD's is that none of them were re-mstered using the original tapes . They basically took the best recording they could find, most likely a record, and made these CD's from that. Need I say more ?

Peace, TED

Ted the were Made BY WEA (Warner/Elektra/Atlantic)
for wounded bird they are 20nit CD's

So they are Official Warner Tapes used.

Also Jan Hammer CD's on Woundedbird
are 24BIT.

Give Terry W.
a Ring at Woundebird.

Outtasight
Colin

5Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Colin, I can make a 24 bit recording with my Edirol mini recorder. The bit rate has nothing to do with whether or not the masters were used in the re-mastering process.

If you say the masters were used, I don't know if they were or they weren't. I am pretty sure though on the previous Wounded Bird reissues with Boomer's albums and Lenny's etc they did not use the masters. Perhaps Boomer can address that.

And Don, you are right that when it comes to Boomer's product, price is no object. But it has to be something worth it in rarity for me to spend that. I think those two prices are way out of line.

Elektrik Band, Sunday night !!! two sets !!

Peace, TED

6Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Colin

Colin

Ted

It was WEA that made the CD
for woundedbird.

so they are from Masters.

Outtasight
Colin.

7Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:28 am

boomer

Ted:
I wish that I could remark past the point of trying to understand who Terry is at Wounded Bird since I remember seeking that information so that I could find out who authorized the distribution of my recordings through what I was under the impression is a pirate company to begin with. can you fill me in since you have come up with a name for wounded Bird. Do you have a face as well to connect at this bootleg establishment?

Boomer

8Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:14 am

Colin

Colin

boomer wrote:Ted:
I wish that I could remark past the point of trying to understand who Terry is at Wounded Bird since I remember seeking that information so that I could find out who authorized the distribution of my recordings through what I was under the impression is a pirate company to begin with. can you fill me in since you have come up with a name for wounded Bird. Do you have a face as well to connect at this bootleg establishment?

Boomer

Bill
Terry Wacksmuth used to run OneWay Records
making Al Dimeola Electric Anthology with a Remix on it
(made by Sony Special Products) released in 1995,
for example.

He is a Great Fan of yours
Infact on the Mahavishnu 1984 CD he did
made by WEA he put your name on the back up top under Johns name.

So Sony or WEA or Universal make the CD's
he does the art resize and changes to put his top players
up top, and on many CD's like Rose Royce
he has put the Musicians
on the back of CD bigger.

He is a hero to me
as buying Life and Times CD (made by WEA)
(100% made from WEA Masters)
with the Late Doug Rauch on bass
is Pure Bliss.

"Wounded Bird Records was formed in 1998
as a label that specializes in the reissue of albums
from the 60's, 70's and early 80's on compact disc.
All of our releases are properly licensed from the owner of the original masters, in most cases the original record label and sometimes the artists themselves.
We strive to reproduce the original album cover artwork, converted to accommodate the CD size format."

http://www.woundedbird.com/

On the links
is Billy Cobham Site.

The Main CD Market could be gone in America soon.

Leaving Japan to supply the world with Quality CD's

Outtasight
Colin.

9Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:44 am

Colin

Colin

On My Life & Times CD
it says (p) 1976 & 2000 Atlantic Recording Corp.
Manufactured by Rhino Emtertainment Company
Produced under license from Atlantic Recording Corp
(c) 2000 Wounded Bird Records.

Outtasight
Colin.

10Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Colin

Colin

Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 387584_2318118753442_1263715113_32026797_715039878_n

I found a Print I did from Feb 2000
when Terry Wachsmuth joined Bills We're Talking Jazz Forum

Better days for the CD Market place.

Outtasight
Colin.

11Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Hi Boomer,

well it looks like Colin has a lot of information right here for you. I don't know anything about Wounded Bird myself, but I will check to see what I find out.

Peace, TED

12Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:53 am

Asaph

Asaph

I looked at the list twice. I don't see BC's name mentioned.

http://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com

13Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:48 pm

tconrad

boomer wrote:

Boomer:

Are you saying that you have not received any royalties from Wounded Bird?

If that's true, I wish I could return my Wounded Bird "Crosswinds" CD.

---Outraged
---TConrad

14Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:26 pm

boomer

As of this moment, I don't recall receiving any payments from Wounded Bird.

Boomer

15Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:12 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

The problem with many of these sites that are selling music
media is the artists, the creators, are really taking it on the
chin!

They have to sit and watch others who had no hand in it's
initial development, completion, and distribution prosper off
of their hard work... It's heartbreaking.

I've totally stopped ordering music online. Unless I know
that the artist is being compensated, I don't even consider
it.

16Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:29 pm

tconrad

D. Slam wrote:
I've totally stopped ordering music online. Unless I know
that the artist is being compensated, I don't even consider
it.

But D---this is my problem as a consumer: How can one be absolutely certain the artist is compensated? .... Seems to me the only way is for the artist to give their personal assurance that he/she/they is/are receiving compensation. .... Nothing else seems to work. .... Websites, record labels, etc. appear legitimate---but sometimes aren't. .... Wounded Birds looks legit---but isn't.

---TConrad

17Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:30 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

I feel you tconrad. I usually look for personal endorsements
from the artist. By checking their webpage you will find that
they usually have info on where you can get their material,
Amazon or where ever. In this case you know absolutely
that the artist is protected and is getting compensated for
his or her efforts. None of us can totally insure this but
I feel we owe it to them to take the time to do a little
research.

Amazon seems to be pretty reputable. I used to order from
other sites like Wounded Bird but stopped after I realized
that it's the artists and not the birds that's being wounded.

18Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Colin

Colin

Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 426080_2771822415750_1263715113_32219413_818993313_n

Bottom photos
has a photo of John Bowen in 1978 , here

He helped Bill Program the Synthes on the long track "Inner Conflicts" in 1975

Also a rare photo of Drummer Howard King in 1978
who plays on Mahal this CD by Eddie Henderson

19Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:08 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

I've been trying to get more information about these re-issue companies like Wounded Bird regarding the legality of what they are releasing.

From what I've learned so far is that whoever owns the masters of these tapes does have the right to license these albums to be re-issued . They license the master tapes [ so Colin, you are right about that ] to a company like Wounded Bird who then presses whatever number they contracted with columbia ( or whoever now owns the company) and thats it.

The question that arises is obvious : What does the artist get paid, if anything ? That question can only be answered by an attorney that specializes in music related cases and I don't know one, and don't intend to pay one to find out.

Boomer has said he hasn't been paid anything from Wounded Bird so there's your answer .

Peace, TED

Last edited by Ted E. Bear on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Colin

Colin

Ted E. Bear wrote:

I've been trying to get more information about these re-issue companies like Wounded Bird regarding the legality of what they are releasing.

From what I've learned so far is that whoever owns the masters of these types does have the right to license these albums to be re-issued . They license the master tapes [ so Colin, you are right about that ] to a company like Wounded Bird who then presses whatever number they contracted with columbia ( or whoever now owns the company) and thats it.

The question that arises is obvious : What does the artist get paid, if anything ? That question can only be answered by an attorney that specializes in music related cases and I don't know one, and don't intend to pay one to find out.

Boomer has said he hasn't been paid anything from Wounded Bird so there's your answer .

Peace, TED

Is it the Case?
that a Warner /Woundedbird Release
or Sony/Woundedbird Release
means payments come from the Master Company only.

As the CDS are made by WEA or Sony
and put out on Woundedbird.

For Example
Jan Hammer or Elliot worked with Woundedbird
for his realeases on 24bit CD's even giving a bonus track.
Its a shame the Original Lenny White CD's can not be done again in far better 24bit mastering
I think Nathan Weiss set that up with Terry W. at the start of Woundedbird.

I wish Nathan could post on here

Outtasight
Colin.

21Brand New Inner Conflicts CD  $219.95 Empty Re: Brand New Inner Conflicts CD $219.95 Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

The Cd's can be released with or without the artist's permission or cooperation since it appears that the record companies own the masters . They paid for the studio time, the mixing time, the pressing and the distribution so they own it. Some artists have bought back their masters from the record companies but at a sizeable cost.

Artists or bands are given "points" on each of their releases. These points are a percentage of the revenue that's made on sales of the albums. All that is negotiated before the record is made . Boomer or Suss or Gary Husband can speak more accurately on this since they have all been signed artists who have released records under this system.

In all the years I've been hearing about this, the average price paid to a band or artist per album is about $ 0.13 . That's thirteen cents. On a million sales , that works out to $130,000 And then that has to be split among the band members and whoever else is part of their deal. The one artist who had a special deal that I know about was Michael Jackson for the Thriller album - he received $2.00 per album. So at 48 million sales, he got $96 million for that album's sales.

Peace, TED

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum