BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tama Starclassic Drums

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tama Starclassic Drums Empty Tama Starclassic Drums Mon May 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

I just recently purchased some Tama Starclassic Birch/Bubinga Drums--Sizes:

22x18,10x8,12x9,16x14 (Plus I ordered another 22x18 Bass Drum-it will arrive in a few months unfortunately)-And I can honestly say these are some of the best sounding drums I've played in a long time.

The Birch wood brings out a nice attack, and the Bubinga adds some great low end. I can't believe how the toms sing.
Has anyone tried these yet?

I'm very excited about these drums. I started out playing Tama Imperialstar Drums as my first 'real' drumset, and then got some Granstar Birch shells after that-then I got into Yamaha's for quite a while, so now After trying these out at a recording studio I decided to get some and come back to playing Tama's

I was going to get the Maple Starclassic's but after hearing these, I was sold. They cut, and are warm but focused because of the zinc die-cast hoops. Plus the finish is beautifully done.

Anyone else have any experience with these drums?

2Tama Starclassic Drums Empty Re: Tama Starclassic Drums Tue May 14, 2013 5:06 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Sort of, D. L. I have a set of Starclassic birch
and they sound simply wicked. Beautiful sustain.
Music to my ears... You certainly didn't go wrong.

I've always wanted a kit from bubinga wood...
Maybe someday... My Tama's are cherry fade.
what color did you get? Congratulations!

Take some pics when you can.

[img]Tama Starclassic Drums Tama10[/img]

3Tama Starclassic Drums Empty Re: Tama Starclassic Drums Tue May 14, 2013 5:49 am

Colin

Colin

Nice Kit Don

Would be good for a Rock gig.
I think Rock bands short of a Drummer
should hire you for temp gigs

Outtasight
Colin

4Tama Starclassic Drums Empty Re: Tama Starclassic Drums Tue May 14, 2013 9:57 am

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Hi Don,
Yeah they sound amazing-

I got the Blue Nebula Blaze finish. Although when you look at pics of that finish online, it's really deceiving. The kit is basically a black sparkle, with streaks of blue,copper,silver sparkles- like highlights...really cool- Doesn't look blue at all. Very understated, but just enough so the light dances off of them without being over the top.

When I get the other Bass drum, I'll post pics up of the whole kit-
You're kit looks great Don- Love the colors. Tama does a great job with they're fades.

5Tama Starclassic Drums Empty Re: Tama Starclassic Drums Tue May 14, 2013 1:31 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Colin: Thanks, They just might hire me once I learn how to play rock! Laughing lol!

D.L.: Can't wait to see your new rig!

6Tama Starclassic Drums Empty Re: Tama Starclassic Drums Tue May 14, 2013 2:16 pm

Colin

Colin

D. Slam wrote:Colin: Thanks, They just might hire me once I learn how to play rock! Laughing lol!

D.L.: Can't wait to see your new rig!

Don ask Bill (when he has a moment , of course)
he plays Rock , Jazz , Pop , Latin and Funk and any type of music

A Cool Example to us all to follow.

Outtasight
Colin.

7Tama Starclassic Drums Empty Re: Tama Starclassic Drums Tue May 14, 2013 5:56 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

It was a joke, Colin, I can play rock............ A little. silent

8Tama Starclassic Drums Empty Re: Tama Starclassic Drums Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 am

Colin

Colin

D. Slam wrote:It was a joke, Colin, I can play rock............ A little. silent

Thats good

Every Gig counts
these days.

Outtasight
Colin

9Tama Starclassic Drums Empty Re: Tama Starclassic Drums Wed May 15, 2013 5:31 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Tell me about it... I used to make a lot of money doing corporate dates.
In this economy those days are long gone. The dot-com era was very
profitable. My wife worked at Applied Materials back then and I remember
when they rented an entire theme park ahd hosted all the employees and
their families for a free day at the park. Chartered bus rides, drinks and BBQ
were all included in the package. Another time they hired Stevie Wonder to
perform.

They can't begin to even think of doing anything like that today. They don't even
have Christmas parties anymore.

Times have really changed, Colin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum