BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Sam Ash Manhattan

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Sam Ash Manhattan on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:47 am

Has anyone been to the new Sam Ash in Manhattan NYC?
They have closed their long time 48th street location and now re-opened on W 34th street.

It looks like everything is one building, you don't have to cross the street to 3 different buildings
like on 48th street. That must be pretty dead now on 48th street, Manny's is gone and now Sam Ash.

View user profile

2 Re: New Sam Ash Manhattan on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:54 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Sam Ash bought Manny's and ran it the last couple of years it was still in business. If you were there during the heyday of 48th street, Manny's was right next door to Sam Ash and Terminal Music was right next to that. I think this new building is now a combination of all 3 of those stores. But no I haven't visited this new store yet as I have a Sam Ash much closer to where I live. it's located in Mamaroneck.

Peace, TED

View user profile http://www.drumminfool.com

3 Re: New Sam Ash Manhattan on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:00 pm

Ted,
I visited the old location many times in the 90's, it was a very cool store, so was Manny's.
This was before the internet became so popular, and I remember seeing a lot of cool gear I
had never seen before.

The new location looks a bit too corporate for me, I don't know if Sam Ash and Guitar Center are
really doing great things by becoming such a monopoly, I still like the independent music stores.
But that's just my opinion, I have a few Sam Ash stores near me and they still blow away Guitar Center
for Drums, any day of the week.

View user profile

4 Re: New Sam Ash Manhattan on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:20 pm

I do remember all those stores.
I spent a lot of money in there,
with the help of my mom.

Wink 

To the father of us, all - Billy Cobham!
View user profile http://bcwtj.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]