BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boomer's Tasty Ingredients

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:50 pm

drumman

Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Billy_18

2Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:31 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

A third snare drum has since been added just left of
the hi-hat along with Caj'on on the floor of that side.

Not to mention the obvious addition of electronics.

3Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 pm

drumman

I wonder if the Octobans or Gong Drum will appear again sometime since Boomer is now back with Tama?

4Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:43 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

I don't know if Billy ever plans on using them again
but the one keeping both of those alive today is
Simon Phillips.

5Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:02 am

drumman

Boomer uses Octobans tastefully all over this live album........

Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Boomer11

6Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:45 pm

drumman

I am wondering what that 12" snare boomer is using on his right?

It is listed as a 5.5”x12” Custom Steel Snare Drum, it also has die-cast rims on it.

It looks a little like the Tama Mike Portnoy 12" snare, can anybody shed some light on what is might be?

7Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:15 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Well first off, by looking at it I can see that the description is wrong.
Compare the size to the main snare drum which is a 14" with the one
mounted to the right and you can see that the sizes are clearly the
same.

And if you look at the 12" tom (G), you can see that the snare drum
to the right is clearly larger in diameter. As to the model, I haven't
the slightest idea.

8Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:48 am

boomer

The snare drum there is no longer in the repertoire. It's dimensions were 13"x7". I now use a Bubinga 13"x7" in it's place.
I don't plan to incorporate the Gong drum or the other stuff at the moment. The Cajon is keeping me quite busy enough. I still have pedal issues that I need to solve way before I go retro and back to the future.

Boomer

9Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:05 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

What kind of pedal issues, Boomer?

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

10Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:43 pm

boomer

Pete the bass drum pedals are 'stock' cobras: They are OK for the moment. I need to find springs with more resistance.

Boomer

11Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:18 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

I have a bunch here. I
usually can find what I
need at the neighborhood
hardware store.

Where are you? If you
can't find any, these Axis
springs that I have are
really fine.

Regards,

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

12Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Empty Re: Boomer's Tasty Ingredients Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:48 pm

boomer

Right now, I'm in Europe but I plan to be in Indianapolis next week for PASIC. It would be good to see you if you will be there.

Boomer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum