BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

If You Have Boomer's CD "Reflected Journey" Please Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The sequence of events: I purchased Boomer's "Reflected Journey" CD. .... Played it. .... It had loud, scratchy, static-like sounds on it, most prominently on track 4. .... Played it on a different CD player. .... Same defect on track 4.

I contacted the seller (an amazon.com store). .... They sent me a replacement copy of the CD. .... The second CD had the same defect, again most prominently on track 4. .... Played the CD on 4 CD players--all gave the same results.

My question to those of you who own this CD: Does your copy have any problem/defect?

This has never happened to me. .... In the past the replacement CD never had the same defect. .... I'm trying to find out what is going on.

Thanx.

---TConrad

View user profile
tconrad wrote:The sequence of events: I purchased Boomer's "Reflected Journey" CD. .... Played it. .... It had loud, scratchy, static-like sounds on it, most prominently on track 4. .... Played it on a different CD player. .... Same defect on track 4.

I contacted the seller (an amazon.com store). .... They sent me a replacement copy of the CD. .... The second CD had the same defect, again most prominently on track 4. .... Played the CD on 4 CD players--all gave the same results.

My question to those of you who own this CD: Does your copy have any problem/defect?

This has never happened to me. .... In the past the replacement CD never had the same defect. .... I'm trying to find out what is going on.

Thanx.

---TConrad

I am shocked you see it as a CD defect
and not a recording problem, I assume you are young

Yes I have it
on my Top 32 bit CD Pioneer  player.
Track 4 "leeward winds"

I assumed its on the recording  at source.

When I first heard it
I thought its 1992 copy
I guess a note  (telling us its a recording problem)
like on a Sony  Al DiMeola   2 CD special with new live
tracks from 1982  Anthology  "a splice problem",
would help.

Japan Recording is so good
its a static from the recording session Live
I am sure if Bill gets the time to check it
he may agree.

Outtasight
Colin

View user profile
Colin wrote:Track 4 "leeward winds"

Colin:

Track 4 on the CD "Reflected Journey" is called "Crescent Sun".

You must be referring to the CD "Mirror's Image", which sounds great throughout.

On Track 4 of "Reflected Journey", the static does not sound like tape noise.

---TConrad

View user profile
tconrad wrote:
Colin wrote:Track 4 "leeward winds"

Colin:

Track 4 on the CD "Reflected Journey" is called "Crescent Sun".

You must be referring to the CD "Mirror's Image", which sounds great throughout.

On Track 4 of "Reflected Journey", the static does not sound like tape noise.

---TConrad

Yes My error it

it
was track 4   Crescent sun

I had put it in a 2CD case  Still to put all the paper in.

Its not Tape   its Static mic Noise
I tested it on my 8.1 speakers

The CD has No Error

Outtasight
Colin

View user profile
Colin wrote:Its not Tape   its Static mic Noise

The CD has No Error

Colin:

I don't know---to me the static is so loud that it is distracting.

---TConrad

View user profile
tconrad wrote:
Colin wrote:Its not Tape   its Static mic Noise

The CD has No Error

Colin:

I don't know---to me the static is so loud that it is distracting.

---TConrad

Sure but its not the whole track

Outtasight
Colin.

View user profile
UPDATE:

It appears that the manufacturer has pressed a bad batch of CD's. .... The seller (the amazon.com seller who sold me the CD's) tells me that what is done is the manufacturer is notified and they figure out how many batches are affected. .... They destroy the bad batches and manufacture a new batch.

I don't know how this all happen and how long it will take, etc. .... Stay tuned.

---TConrad

View user profile
UPDATE (sort of):

No info on whether or not the manufacturer will ever print a "repaired" batch of CD's.

If anyone else has any better information on this, please post. .... Thanx.

---TConrad

View user profile
tconrad wrote:UPDATE:

It appears that the manufacturer has pressed a bad batch of CD's. .... The seller (the amazon.com seller who sold me the CD's) tells me that what is done is the manufacturer is notified and they figure out how many batches are affected. .... They destroy the bad batches and manufacture a new batch.

I don't know how this all happen and how long it will take, etc. .... Stay tuned.

---TConrad

Sorry to use this topic to talk about this, but in the same vein, the first Hadley Caliman LP reissued on CD in 2014 (originally from 1971) ( http://www.discogs.com/Hadley-Caliman-Hadley-Caliman/release/6403264 ) has also some manufacturing problems ... tracks 4, 5 & 6 are from his second LP ... They've pressed CDs with wrong track titles, and wrong tunes. I've tried to contact the company (Ace Records), never got any information about that.

It seems that some companies are not making the good job until the end...

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/lemmings-suicide-myth

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum