BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Amazing Trio

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Amazing Trio Empty The Amazing Trio Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:25 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Boomer on new live DVD ! The Amazing Trio ! Right now I'm still trying to locate a place to purchase it from. But here's the article. Peace, TED

NEWS

Music Today launches 'The Amazing Trio' by music maestros

ByRadioandmusic.com
(6 June 2008 3:30 pm)

MUMBAI: Music Today has launched a DVD titled 'The Amazing Trio' showcasing the merger of three musical maestros - Dr. L. Subramaniam and Jean Luc Ponty on the violin and Billy Cobham on the drums.

With the backdrop of the historical Gateway of India in Mumbai, this live performance creates an electric atmosphere giving the listeners a chance to witness the musical fiesta. Known for their virtuosity on the instruments, the three musicians are a true representation of 'east meets west'.

Dr. L. Subramaniam has composed all the tracks in the album. The DVD consists of three tracks plus a bonus track which includes a music video featuring Kavita Krishnamurthy along with Dr. Subramaniam's daughter Bindu Subramaniam in a track written by renowned writer Gulzar. The DVD is available for Rs 299.

Dr. Subramaniam is an iconic figure in the realm of violin playing. With his vast and profound knowledge of both Western and the Indian Classical traditions, he has been able to draw on the best of both worlds. He has received several honors, awards and titles including the coveted National Award of "Padma Bhushan" from the Government of India. Very early in his career, he was honored with the title 'Violin Chakravarthy' (emperor of the violin).

Regarded and recognised as an innovator, class instrumentalist in the field of jazz-rock, Jean Luc Ponty's bold experimentations with electronics and synthesis have made him a master of the violin in the jazz and rock genre.

Billy Cobham has performed on hundreds of records with his own groups and with some of the music's most luminary artists. He has energised the international stages of concerts, symphonies, big bands, Broadway, festivals, television and video with his drumming.

[img]The Amazing Trio Amazin13[/img]

http://www.drumminfool.com

2The Amazing Trio Empty Re: The Amazing Trio Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:38 am

Colin

Colin

Is it a Asia Zone
release?

Outtasight
Colin.

3The Amazing Trio Empty Re: The Amazing Trio Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

It's released by Musictoday.com in India, but I don't know if it's an Asian release or not .

I e-mailed them, but I haven't received an answer yet about where to buy it.

If I come up with any more info, I will post it. Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum