BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Website for my friend Tim Curtin

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:16 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Hi guys,

i just finished putting up a website for my good friend, guitarist Tim Curtin. There are a lot of performances up there, as well as a lot of stuff from Pig Vomit, the band he was in for about 8 years as part of the Howard Stern Radio show here in NY. They created song parodies on current events back in the mid to late 80's and would appear with Howard at parties, rallys, concerts , and on the broadcasts. Some of you have been told about the site privately so this is for everyone who wants to check him out.

The site is www.timcurtinmusic.com -and for those who would only like to see a fond moment check out this clip of Tim performing Wild Thing with Leslie West and Sam Kinison as the finale for Howard's US Open Sores show at Nassau Coliseum in Long Island in front of 15,000 fans !

www.timcurtinmusic.com/videoclips/wildthing.wmv enjoy ! peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

2New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:49 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

"Pig vomit" Question

3New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:13 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

That name was created for them by Howard Stern after he hired them as his band. Their name at the time was New Yorkestra which Howard didn't feel was outrageous enough. His show was on in LA too, Don . Have you ever heard of him, or know anything about his style of comedy ? Peace, TED

4New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:56 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Are you asking if I live in a cave, Ted? lol!

I 've always marveled at his ability to turn totally, idiotic and worthless information into a multi million dollar income for himself. In my opinion he's a waste of precious time that none of us has enough of... The name "Pig Vomit" is quite consistant given the circumstances.

What are you gonna do?.. To each his own.

5New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:03 pm

fusionfunk

fusionfunk

Cool website Ted! I like it. Clean, simple and not too busy.

Are you a web designer by trade?

Russ

6New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:19 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Thanks Russ for the kind words. No i'm not a web designer, though I designed and maintain two at the moment. I'm actually an electrician by trade with Local 3 , IBEW NYC.

the other site I maintain is my own. Half of it is some of my musical history [Tim and I have two tunes on it as TNT. The other half is dedicated to billy Cobham. Lots of videos there as well. here's the link :

www.drumminfool.com Peace, TED

7New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:29 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Ted,

I should clarify that in no way were my comments meant toward your friend or the website. I've always thought Howard Stern was a big waste of money and air space...

Good job on the site.

Don.

8New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:43 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Hey Don,

I don't care for Mr. Stern that much myself either, Don. H'e occasionally funny, but I prefer my humor on a higher plane like SCTV or Monty Python. What he did do was push the boundaries on radio which I think was a good thing. I usually thought the song parodies were clever, but they were done by Fred Norris and Pig Vomit, not Howard.

The two things I wanted you to check out on the site were Tim playing Birds of Fire into larks tongue in Aspic with the band Talshia , when he was only 18 years old. And the video for the Excellent Dudes doing Nowhere man into I Wish by Stevie Wonder. These Bronx white boys could play some funk ! LOL ! And the keyboardist was not part of the band, just a friend who sat in, though if you check out his credits you will be in shock ! I put a Wikipedia link on his name, Rob Sabino. He even played with Ashford & Simpson when Cuz Suss was there !
So check out I wish if you have time ! Thanks ! peace, TED

9New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:07 am

fusionfunk

fusionfunk

Ted E. Bear wrote:Thanks Russ for the kind words. No i'm not a web designer, though I designed and maintain two at the moment. I'm actually an electrician by trade with Local 3 , IBEW NYC.

the other site I maintain is my own. Half of it is some of my musical history [Tim and I have two tunes on it as TNT. The other half is dedicated to billy Cobham. Lots of videos there as well. here's the link :

www.drmminfool.com Peace, TED

Thanks for the link Ted. I'll check it out when I have a chance.

Russ

Last edited by fusionfunk on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

10New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:32 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

It's possible.

Last edited by Ted E. Bear on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : request)

11New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:10 am

fusionfunk

fusionfunk

Small world indeed!!!

Russ

Last edited by fusionfunk on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

12New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Empty Re: New Website for my friend Tim Curtin Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

No Russ, that name doesn't ring a bell with me, sorry . Peace, TED

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum