BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lyin and Cheatin

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lyin and Cheatin Empty Lyin and Cheatin Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:11 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

I find that slow blues can be a bit boring. My opinion though is if you're gonna sing it and play it, this is how it should be done. EC scott is a true master at writing and performing it.

I did this show last Wednesday night with her at the Little Fox Theater in Sunnyvale Ca.

Her own original tune, btw.

Incidently, I am scheduled to do a Euopean tour with her this year from late June to mid August. Switzerland, Paris, Spain, Rome and Russia also.

http://files.filefront.com/Lyin+And+Cheatinmp3/;13071462;/fileinfo.html

D.

2Lyin and Cheatin Empty Re: Lyin and Cheatin Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:24 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

3Lyin and Cheatin Empty Re: Lyin and Cheatin Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:30 pm

Woody

Woody

Wow... affraid European tour..... that's great, Don.
Traveling abroad is always a great learning experience.
Have a good time and get out and about and see all the attractions that you can.

Hopefully, I will be starting my new job selling drums and giving drum lesson at a new drum shop in Franklin, NH.
I can't wait!!!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

4Lyin and Cheatin Empty Re: Lyin and Cheatin Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Well, Woody,

I'll be honest with you... A month and three weeks is a terribly long time to ask me to be away from home, so I really haven't decided if I'm going to do this or not. Honestly, the compensation would have to be WELL worth it and I really don't know what that is at this time. I get home sick very quickly. The longest tour I've ever done was three weeks and though the shows and the sites were a blast of an experience, being away from my family that long was torture on me... I'm really a homebody at heart. I truly love being at home.

The other side of the coin is I would really like to experience these far off lands, people and cultures. I know that this would be a wonderful learning experience. But that almost two months deal is kickin my behind...

All the best on your new job, Woody... I don't know how much you're gonna like selling drums but I do know that your student will find a great teacher in you.

Don.

5Lyin and Cheatin Empty Re: Lyin and Cheatin Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:45 am

woofus

woofus

D. Slam, you go out there and serve it up all over the world. This is your summer calling. Bring your family on a leg or two . . . one leg in the east, one leg in the west . . . you get in the middle and do your best!

Take it easy, but take it. "Hell yeah" No telling what you'll bring back home. Band sounds great and, as you may know, I've exposed myself to a ton of live blues while living in Chicago. There aren't many people, especially perhaps women, who do it right. Be the ambassador you know you are . . .

And, Woody, congrats on your new career. What a great choice.

http://www.myspace.com/jazzstream23

6Lyin and Cheatin Empty Re: Lyin and Cheatin Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:35 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Thanks, Woof,

We'll see what happens, man. It's a great opportunity, I know. But knowing myself, it's possible I could be quite miserable. I hate being away from home for any real length of time.

And like I said, The compensation needs to be there. Some promoter over there is putting this on. So I want to have all my ducks in order before taking that plunge.

I'll keep you posted.

Woody,

I meant students, not "student"... Sorry about that.

D.

7Lyin and Cheatin Empty Re: Lyin and Cheatin Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:25 pm

Woody

Woody

I'd go for it, Don.
If you don't take this opportunity you might not be offered another one if it arises, again.
My old adage is: "Nothing ventured, nothing gained". Cool

It's nice to make the money, but sometimes you need to have the adventure of seeing a different part of the world and how other cultures are.
Something that money can't buy.

Besides.... E.C. said if you ain't doing the gig she's gonna offer it to me!!! lol!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

8Lyin and Cheatin Empty Re: Lyin and Cheatin Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:38 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Just make sure you send me a postcard, Woodman. Wink

I read you, Woody... I really need to make sure that If I do go that we'll still have a roof over our heads and food for our stomachs when I get back. I am terribly busy gigging these days right here at home. And I can't afford to go over there for 2 mos. and lose money.

Diverse cultural experiences are great I'm sure.... But you can't eat em.

If it's financially workable, I'll go.

Thanks, man.

D.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum