BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Johnathan Moffet - Live Drummer New 'This Is It' MJ DVD

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Colin

Colin

Johnathan Moffet - Live Drummer New 'This Is  It' MJ DVD 12920246m

On DTS5.1 DVD
and
DTS 5.1 BluRay.

Johathan Moffot played with the Jacksons in 1984
then he did not read music.
His Drums are on a Great 12" Remix of Body - Jacksons '84
Re-Mixed by Dennis MacKay (who worked well with Billy Cobham)

On here is has a Big Kit in the Culver Studios
and Plays perfection.

Michael Jackson - Vocals.

Jonathan Moffet Drums
Bashiri Johnson - Percusion
Alex Al - Bass
Orianthi Panagaris - Lead Guitar
Tommy Organ - Guitar
Mo Pleasure - Keyboards , trumpet.
Michael Berden - Keyboards , Music Supervisor.

Darrl Phinnessee
Ken Stacy
and Judith Hill on Vocals.

It is sad MJ has left us
but this DVD is worth having
Orianthi plays the Van Halen Guitar Solo well on Beat It.

And there is a Rock Band set up (without MJ) where she gets to Solo again.

The Sound is in DTS 5.1
so we get a New Thriller version in the best sound.

Outtasight
Colin.

fuzit

I agree Colin...He knows Mike's movements like the back of his hand...The Bass player is outstanding also.

D. Slam

D. Slam

Yeah, Johnathan rocks with MJ. And has Colin already pointed out, he's been with him and his brothers for a long time now!

The big thing I was impressed with is how much of the time the songs were not counted off. Michael would simply point and the band would hit the groove right on que. I have the blu-ray dvd of "this is it" and I can say that Michael and company were about to do some serious damage. How sad that he didn't get to do even a single show... Even sadder that he's gone.

fuzit

Yeah D., In my mind, it would've been the greatest series of concerts ever, in terms of fusing all art forms together...Music, singing, film, video & dance...Never realized what a genius MJ was until I saw this film.

D. Slam

D. Slam

It's a dangerous thing though, fuzit. I think the more that MJ did these kinds of larger than life productions, the more isolated it made him. His fans saw him as larger than life and began expecting him to be so. Of course the reality is no one short of God almighty is larger than life.

Being expected to or trying to live up to such an impossible task is more than any of us can bear..... Including the "king of pop".

I miss him. Sad

Racman

Racman

Yeah Colin, I believe Muffet also performed with Janet Jackson here live in Hawaii's Halawa Stadium back in early 80's.
He is solid to every gesture keyed-in by Michael Jackson. It's all about solid playing and extreme attention to Michael's lead and respect for the music.

Great player!

http://www.glennracoma.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum