BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Billy Cobham CD Question For TED

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Empty Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:02 pm

drumman

What is the difference between the Atlantic CD release and the Wounded Bird
versions of Billy's "Crosswinds" and "Total Eclipse" ?

I have the Wounded Bird versions and I was wondering if I should bother picking
up the Atlantic Records CD versions, do the Atlantic versions sound better?

Have you compared the two together?

Any info would be appreciated.

2Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Empty Re: Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:53 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Drumman, I cannot answer your question. I picked up the Wounded Bird releases in 2000 when they came out because that was the only CD release of those albums at the time. And also a few others , like Inner Conflicts, Shabazz, and Life and Times . At the time, they seemed to be legitimate releases from the master tapes.

Recently however, Boomer has questioned the legitimacy of what was put out as he was not consulted about the re-release.

I have not heard, nor do I have the Atlantic releases for those two. What I have on Atlantic are Spectrum , Funky Thide of Sings, Cobham -Duke Band live in Europe and Best of Billy Cobham which contains songs from Crosswind.

I also have most every release that came out on album so I can always play those too.

If you do buy them and compare, please let us know if there is a difference.

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

3Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Empty Re: Billy Cobham CD Question Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:58 pm

drumman

Thanks Ted, I may pick up those two Atlantic releases, Amazon UK has them pretty cheap.
I think all those Wounded Bird releases are out of print, so they are still good to hold on to.

1979's "B.C." is still not on CD, but I transferred my vinyl copy to CD....better than nothing.

4Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Empty Re: Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:08 am

Anders

Anders

Hi drumman and Ted,

I have those Atlantic releases of ”Crosswinds” and ”Total Eclipse”. I think that these sound better (crisper and clearer) than the corresponding Wounded bird versions, which I had first because no other cd:s of these titles were available back in 2000.

Kind regards,
Anders

5Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Empty Re: Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Colin

Colin

drumman wrote:Thanks Ted, I may pick up those two Atlantic releases, Amazon UK has them pretty cheap.
I think all those Wounded Bird releases are out of print, so they are still good to hold on to.

1979's "B.C." is still not on CD, but I transferred my vinyl copy to CD....better than nothing.

Yes I have it on 24bit mastered on my Tascam from the LP
and with the rare 12" Disco Mix Single as a bonus.

Half that LP is Great
the ones without Wayne destroying the sound
with the use of his cheap guitarist.

Outtasight
Colin.

6Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Empty Re: Billy Cobham CD Question For Ted Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:11 pm

drumman

Ted,
Do you know anything about that Billy Cobham-Live in Leverkusen CD?
It is a German import and seems like it is a official release and not a bootleg, do you have it?

7Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Empty Re: Billy Cobham CD Question For TED Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Drumman I don't have my copy yet , but it's in the mail as they say. Yes it is an official release from the same show that the DVD will be coming out on next year.

I actually put up a post about it befoer I saw your question here. LOL

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum