BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Jimi Hendrix CD is Utter Bliss

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Jimi Hendrix CD   is Utter Bliss Empty New Jimi Hendrix CD is Utter Bliss Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Colin

Colin

I have had the Alan Douglas Remix/Changed Musicians
1975 version of Gypsy Boy
He added Backing singers as well,
since 1978 I bought it.

Now on this new CD track 10
"Hey Gypsy Boy" Original [No Fecking Alan Douglas]
with the original Drums of Buddy Miles.
Its Utter Bliss.

And track 2 "Somewhere"
was another one Douglas changed with session players.
Here its the original its far better.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8870318&style=music
just $10:79

I had to buy the US Import
as the UK is doing Download for a month first.

12 Previously UnReleased Studio Recordings
24 page booklett

1 Earth Blues (3:34)

2 Somewhere (4:06)

3 Hear My Train a-Comin' (5:42)

4 Bleeding Heart (3:58)

5 Let Me Move You (6:50)

6 Izabella See (3:43)

7 Easy Blues (5:57)

8 Crash Landing (4:15)

9 Inside Out (5:04)

10 Hey Gypsy Boy (3:39)

11 Mojo Man (4:07)

12 Villanova Junction Blues (1:48)

New Jimi Hendrix CD   is Utter Bliss 8870318

This 24bit CD is Utter Bliss

10 Outta 10

Outtasight
Colin.

2New Jimi Hendrix CD   is Utter Bliss Empty Re: New Jimi Hendrix CD is Utter Bliss Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:24 pm

woofus

woofus

Agreed, Colin. And this new Somewhere is an instant classic. Think that's Stephen Stills on bass.

http://www.myspace.com/jazzstream23

3New Jimi Hendrix CD   is Utter Bliss Empty Re: New Jimi Hendrix CD is Utter Bliss Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:23 am

Colin

Colin

Yes Stephen on Bass on that one.

Outtasight
Colin.

4New Jimi Hendrix CD   is Utter Bliss Empty New Jimi Hendrix Sat May 04, 2013 2:02 pm

drumman

I have mixed feelings about these releases, basically they are put together by Jimi's old
recording engineer, Eddie Kramer and Produced by his half sister, Janie Hendrix.

Put together from thousands of hours of recording sessions Jimi did after he built his
Electric Ladyland studios in NYC.
He did endless late night recording sessions with other musicians and his band at the time,
basically raw material Jimi was trying out to experiment with new sounds and ideas.

Whether or not Jimi would have wanted this stuff to be put out, if he was still alive is subject to debate.
I think they should just leave well enough alone and enjoy the "real" albums Jimi put out when he was living.
These releases seem to junk up the catalog and really don't present anything that new to the music world.

It's mostly a money making thing, with his half sister Janie Hendrix benifiting from it from it financially.

5New Jimi Hendrix CD   is Utter Bliss Empty Re: New Jimi Hendrix CD is Utter Bliss Sat May 04, 2013 2:28 pm

kenny

kenny

honestlyI don't care for the R&B with horn section stuff. sounded too retro for jimi's persona. put out an album under that band's name with jimi on guitar. it broke up the flow, too different than jimi's sound to be on the collection.

http://www.balkanmusic.org

6New Jimi Hendrix CD   is Utter Bliss Empty Re: New Jimi Hendrix CD is Utter Bliss Sat May 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Colin

Colin

drumman wrote:I have mixed feelings about these releases, basically they are put together by Jimi's old
recording engineer, Eddie Kramer and Produced by his half sister, Janie Hendrix.

Put together from thousands of hours of recording sessions Jimi did after he built his
Electric Ladyland studios in NYC.
He did endless late night recording sessions with other musicians and his band at the time,
basically raw material Jimi was trying out to experiment with new sounds and ideas.

Whether or not Jimi would have wanted this stuff to be put out, if he was still alive is subject to debate.
I think they should just leave well enough alone and enjoy the "real" albums Jimi put out when he was living.
These releases seem to junk up the catalog and really don't present anything that new to the music world.

It's mostly a money making thing, with his half sister Janie Hendrix benifiting from it from it financially.

Its 3 Producers John McDermott.

And Hey Gyspy Boy
was re-done by alan douglas in 1975
who wiped the other musicians and addded musicians Jimi never ever met.
That was Wroing,

And now on this New CD we hear the Original
with musicians that played with Jimi.

To me this CD is 10 Outta 10

Outtasight
Colin.

7New Jimi Hendrix CD   is Utter Bliss Empty Re: New Jimi Hendrix CD is Utter Bliss Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 am

GeeDee007

GeeDee007

hello,

i bought the jimi hendrix cd too. i was not suprised, because a lot of songs are on bootleg collections of jimis studio work and existing records. ok, the album is not bad, but jimi would never bring this kind of things on the market!! he was very picky about his productions!! to me it's the same story like the frank zappa productions!! janie hendrix try to make money with the inheritance of jimi, like crazy!! she brought also his brother leon on a randy hansen tour in germany. this guy was 4 years old when jimi died, now he is travelin around on concert tours and try to answer questions from the audience.....this is terribly!! he also try to sing - jesus christ, what a crappy voice......and he don't know the texts of the songs, so randy had to help him all the time.

the same was going on, when frank zappa died. he's wife gail zappa try to make money out of everything!! she made also stupid productions that has been recorded with mono cassette recorder in the practice room. the problem is frank has a vault in his basement with thousands of hours of music, live concerts, studio work, road movies etc. etc. etc. When the dvd "baby snakes" came out (about 10 years ago), they promised to bring out the dvd of "roxy and elsewhere" - sorry, this is not done till today!!how stupid you have to be if you make this kind of trash!!!!!

anyway, the cd is not bad and much, much better then the publication of "valleys of neptun".

greetz   Gee

http://musicgeedee.blogspot.de

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum