BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drums For the Soul

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Drums For the Soul Empty Drums For the Soul Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Hi all,

I recently received some items I purchased from the new store on Boomer's site. They were delivered very quickly, and all were hand-signed by him as advertised on the site.

The item I wanted to let you all know about is the DVD entitled Drums for the Soul. It was recorded in 2005 at the Paderborn drum festival. It's an hour long, and is totally Boomer in solo ! They introduce him, and he comes out and starts wailing away, non-stop, for 54 minutes. After that, he leaves but is coaxed back for an encore of about 6 minutes, which is a brush solo !

He performs on the gold sparkle Yamaha kit - 7 pieces with 3 toms, 2 floors, signature snare and single bass drum with double pedal.

The playing is pure vintage Boomer with his usual rudimental precision, which he breaks up dynamically with alternately quiet and loud segues between the different drum sections. It's an absolute lesson on how to construct, deliver, and then depart with a solo.

For those of you who have been fortunate enough to see Boomer in clinic, you know what I'm talking about, but for the rest of you it's a DVD that you should have in your collection.

Thanks Boomer for another gem to add to the collection, and I look forward to seeing more exclusive releases like this one in the future !

As Colin would say, it's 10 oughta 10 ! Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

2Drums For the Soul Empty Re: Drums For the Soul Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:31 am

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Thanks Ted,
Just ordered mine based on your review..Thanks---->D.L.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum