BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hopeful redemption

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hopeful redemption Empty Hopeful redemption Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:33 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Hi, guys,

I did a show with EC in San Francisco the day after Thanksgiving. We did an opening song called coming home in which I did a drum solo. This is same tune that I posted the thread "Too short, too conservative" on where I (and Rac) thought I played it a bit too safe. This is Audio only. But I'm much more satisfied with what I did here compared to last time. When you have a little time, please go over to drummer bytes, have a listen and let me know what you think... I didn't upload the whole tune. Some guitar solo, bass solo and then the drums.

Thanks, guys.

D.

2Hopeful redemption Empty Re: Hopeful redemption Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:54 pm

Woody

Woody

I'll give it a listen.......

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

3Hopeful redemption Empty Re: Hopeful redemption Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:04 pm

kenny

kenny

i liked it! i thought it was the best part of the tune. Reminds me a little of dennis chambers. fast hands, good work. Do you find doing a solo in the first song appropriate? Just wondering it seems a little like letting the horse right out of the chute. but i thought it was hot.

http://www.balkanmusic.org

4Hopeful redemption Empty Re: Hopeful redemption Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:13 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Thanks, Kenny.

Sorry I mislead you. It wasn't the opening tune, it was the second. (Bad wording) What I meant is we opened for E.C. with a few tunes before she came out.

Thanks for checking it out and leaving your feedback.

D.

5Hopeful redemption Empty Re: Hopeful redemption Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Woody

Woody

I like the way you gave the drum solo a half time feel to it.
The audio recording has alot to be desired but considering it was recorded on the fly and live..........
I had to put on the headphones to get a better sound from the recording.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

6Hopeful redemption Empty Re: Hopeful redemption Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:23 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Woody wrote:I like the way you gave the drum solo a half time feel to it.
The audio recording has alot to be desired but considering it was recorded on the fly and live..........
I had to put on the headphones to get a better sound from the recording.

Hmmm, You might consider investing in a higher quality sound system for your computer, Woodman. Though the recording wasn't the best, it should not have required that much effort to listen to it. It was recorded off of my digital recorder from the back of the room. Plus you lose a bit of quality in the upload. But my Roland Edirol records very clearly.

Me, since I listen to a lot of music on my computer, I have a nice speaker system including a sub woofer. It's the only way to go in my case.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and for your comments.

D.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]