BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Real age: More health tips.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2Real age: More health tips. Empty Re: Real age: More health tips. Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:43 am

Racman

Racman

I've always wonder about that. It seems that as musicians we never really think on matters that should be important. I remember hearing someone say ' that there are two subjects people don't like talking about and they are Death and Taxes.'

Thanks for those links D

rac

http://www.glennracoma.com

3Real age: More health tips. Empty Re: Real age: More health tips. Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Rac,

It's unfortunate but we live, work and participate in a system (the music industry) where it's
more popular to abuse ours bodies rather than take care of them. And this is on every level
whether you're playing Carnegie Hall or the local club on the corner.

We are very indulgent beings by nature and that indulgent behavior outside of being bad for you
even in moderation is amplified through the excessive manner in which it's done. Partying, drugs,
booze, food, women.... The list goes on and it's always over the top. All many of us need do is take
an honest look in the mirror to see what our chosen style of life has done to us.

In terms of substance abuse, when I see people get high and/or drunk, the question that arises is:
What is it about those particular persons that causes them to dislike who they are NATURALLY, to
the point where they feel the need to change that through the use of drugs and alcohol? scratch

I see so much of this behavior through my musical peers be they the players themselves or those
that come out on their behalf.

This is an unpopular subject and thread, and I knew it would be. It's like talking about God, no one
really wants to be told or wants to hear what's right. But in like manner, it's not about the masses,
it's about those who will hear and heed.

4Real age: More health tips. Empty Re: Real age: More health tips. Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Woody

Woody

Racman wrote:I've always wonder about that. It seems that as musicians we never really think on matters that should be important. I remember hearing someone say ' that there are two subjects people don't like talking about and they are Death and Taxes.'

Thanks for those links D

rac

Ben Franklin's quote "but in the world nothing can be said to be certain except death and taxes."

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum