BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drummers' Gloves

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Drummers' Gloves Empty Drummers' Gloves Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Igor

Igor

Hi guys!
It's been a long time since i checked out the forum. I'm glad that all the names i know are still here :-) I hope you all are OK!
I just wanted to ask you something and entered Billy's site and the first thing i saw was that Billy & the band are coming to Jerusalem in June!!! I missed Boomer since his last gig here in 2004 (i guess...) and hope to see him soon!
I wanted to ask you guys about your experience ( if you had one) using drummers' gloves . What were the reasons to use them, did they help you, did it take time to get used to them,did you have to change anything in your technique in order to be able to play with them?
Thanks!
Igor

2Drummers' Gloves Empty Re: Drummers' Gloves Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Hi Igor,

I did use drummers gloves years ago. Not sure I remember what brand they were. They did help me grip the sticks better, but I did feel a little detached from the sticks and the feel of the drums. These days I just use a product called Mighty Grip- it's a rosin that works great for me-

3Drummers' Gloves Empty Re: Drummers' Gloves Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:26 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Igor, I used them and really dug the results. The reason I stopped
is my hands would sweat inside the gloves and when I took them off,
they'd dry and shrivel up and actually harden. After a couple of uses, I
found myself tossing them because they just wouldn't last.

But I did like using them and would likely still use them to this day if
I could find some that would last.

These days, I just use Vaseline....... Whoops, that's a whole different
subject... My bad! affraid
lol!

4Drummers' Gloves Empty Re: Drummers' Gloves Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:36 am

Woody

Woody

Never used them.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

5Drummers' Gloves Empty Re: Drummers' Gloves Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:09 am

Igor

Igor

These days, I just use Vaseline.......:-))))))))))) LOL , DSlam!!!
I've heard that gloves don't last long but when i was searching for the brand, AHEAD gloves were the best choice among pro drummers . The question is weather gloves can make playing certain patterns harder or it's just a matter of getting used to them. When i tried mine it felt a little awkward from the beginning but later i started to feel the sticks better. Concerning the grip it feels a lot better with the gloves. And they look cool, too :-)

6Drummers' Gloves Empty Re: Drummers' Gloves Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:33 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Igor, I used them back when the patterns I played were more in direct with the 2 & 4 patterns I played.
These days, I find myself playing more intricate within those beats, more ghost notes, etc. So I actually
don't know how well they'd work for me today.... Funny thing though, just today I was at a clothing store
and saw some football gloves, the kind that's supposed to help with better grip on the ball. I tried them
out but they were too thick.... You got me curious again.... Idea

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum