BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Three Dog Night-One 1969

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Three Dog Night-One 1969 Empty Three Dog Night-One 1969 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:12 am

spanky

spanky

Floyd Sneed

Floyd Sneed (born November 22, 1942 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada) is a black Canadian drummer, best known for his work with the band Three Dog Night.

Sneed grew up in a musical family (his parents were both musicians at their church), and he became interested in drums at an early age. His first drum kit was a gift from his older sister Maxine, who at the time was married to the musician-actor Tommy Chong, and Floyd soon began performing in the Vancouver area as part of Chong's band, "Little Daddy and the Bachelors."

In 1966 Sneed formed his own band and moved to Los Angeles, California. In 1968 he met a trio of vocalists (Danny Hutton, Chuck Negron, and Cory Wells) who had a contract with Dunhill Records and were looking for backing musicians. Sneed joined their new band, "Three Dog Night," which became a huge commercial success in the late 1960s and early 1970s. After "Three Dog Night" broke up in 1977, Sneed continued to work with other groups, including an extended tour with The Ohio Players. He and other backing musicians from "Three Dog Night" also worked together in a short-lived group named, "SS Fools." He reappeared briefly with the reincarnated "Three Dog Night" in the mid-1980s. In 1990, Sneed had a minor role playing a drummer in a Chong film, "Far Out Man." In 2002, Sneed toured and recorded with the band, "K.A.T.T.," and has formed his own band called, "Same Dog New Tricks."

Sneed and original Three Dog Night bassist Joe Schermie appeared on the cooking show Food Rules in 2000. This was Schermie's last television appearance.

Three Dog Night-One 1969

Three Dog Night 1981

2Three Dog Night-One 1969 Empty Re: Three Dog Night-One 1969 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Great vocal band. Saw them once live back in 1984 at The Pier here in NYC . Just looking at the ticket stub . $10 gen admission . They were the headliners along with The Turtles, The Association, Gary Puckett & the Union Gap , and Spanky [not you } & Our Gang .

I have tickets to see The Turtles and The Association again next month along with The Grass Roots and The Buckinghams. These bands still sound great and I love 60's and 70's pop stuff.

thanks Spanky !

http://www.drumminfool.com

3Three Dog Night-One 1969 Empty Re: Three Dog Night-One 1969 Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:19 pm

spanky

spanky

Ted E. Bear wrote:

Great vocal band. Saw them once live back in 1984 at The Pier here in NYC . Just looking at the ticket stub . $10 gen admission . They were the headliners along with The Turtles, The Association, Gary Puckett & the Union Gap , and Spanky [not you } & Our Gang .

I have tickets to see The Turtles and The Association again next month along with The Grass Roots and The Buckinghams. These bands still sound great and I love 60's and 70's pop stuff.

thanks Spanky !
I love the Turtles, and Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, The Association, I have all of their hits.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum