BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hurricane Irene

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hurricane Irene Empty Hurricane Irene Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:06 am

drumman

Batten down the hatches East coast... here comes the big one!
Get that drum equipment protected !!

2Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:32 pm

spanky

spanky

Yeah I am sitting here now as the rain is hitting us, it should be here sometime tonight. Philly is being closed down.

3Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Racman

Racman

I just got done with praying for people and you, Spanky, along with others in that area that you will get through this safely with minimum amounts, if any, damage.....and that includes all drum kits along with it's accessories, amen?.

God bless and hope all well for you.

Rac

http://www.glennracoma.com

4Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:12 pm

spanky

spanky

Thanks Rac, this thing is going to hit us hard.

5Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Thanks Rac,

Spanky- I'm up off of City Ave- Really big gusts of wind going on here--I already have water coming in the basement--Of course my gear is safe, but I can't wait till this thing is over...gonna be a long night...lots of tornado warnings popping up...crazy..

So far in Philly we have had the most rain ever on record in August, an Earthquake, now IRENE!!...jeesh Rolling Eyes

D.L.

6Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:39 am

spanky

spanky

Daveonskins wrote:Thanks Rac,

Spanky- I'm up off of City Ave- Really big gusts of wind going on here--I already have water coming in the basement--Of course my gear is safe, but I can't wait till this thing is over...gonna be a long night...lots of tornado warnings popping up...crazy..

So far in Philly we have had the most rain ever on record in August, an Earthquake, now IRENE!!...jeesh Rolling Eyes

D.L.
Yeah what a month, and City Avenue is wide open.

7Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Got thru Irene here in NY. Had some damage as a gigantic branch came down off my last remaining 100' plus tree and broke my neighbor's fence. At least it didn't hit either of our houses.

It was a strong storm, but it could have been worse.

I will take some photos and post later.

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

8Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Upon further investigation it seems that what came down in my back yard was not something from my tree, but rather a tree from the rear facing neighbors property .

the tree was snapped right down by the base and crashed at an angle across my neighbor's white fence at the corner and into my yard.

here are some photos. the tree in the foreground of the photos is on my property.

There's quite a bit of flooding up here, lots of folks without power and it will take a day or three to get things back to normal.

Peace, TED

[img]Hurricane Irene 100_1317[/img]

[img]Hurricane Irene 100_1318[/img]

[img]Hurricane Irene 100_1319[/img]

[img]Hurricane Irene 100_1320[/img]

[img]Hurricane Irene 100_1321[/img]

9Hurricane Irene Empty Hurricane Irene Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:13 pm

drumman

Wow, that's a huge tree branch, that sucks.
Maybe your insurance will cover it?
I got lucky out my way, not too much damage in my neck of the woods.

10Hurricane Irene Empty Re: Hurricane Irene Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

that wasn't just a branch but the whole tree ! LOL . all the top branches ended up in my yard while the trunk and lower portion of the tree is the part that went across my neighbor's fence and broke it.

responsibility for it belongs to the owner of the back property whose tree it was that fell. I started cutting some of it down to smaller branches so my town sanitation will take some of it because the guy who's responsible is an A- hole as we know from some dealings with him in the past. He and his wife are both top lawyers for Citibank so they think who they are. And will take their sweet time about doing anything.

My son already wants to go take a dump in their pool. LOL I love my son ! hahahahahahaha

Peace, TED

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum