BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Am going To Try This Again

+2
Daveonskins
Woody
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I Am going To Try This Again Empty I Am going To Try This Again Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:50 am

spanky

spanky

Well guy's I have decided to build another band, I have learned from the mistakes that I did last time. We are called The Final touch Band, and we are a R&B and Funk band. I have been holding auditions and so far I have 2 singers a male and a female, I want one more female. And they all will take turns leading and doing background. I also have a guitar player and I am going to audition a couple of bass players. The hardest to find is a keyboard player. I want to keep this band small so that we can see some kind of money when we gig. The last time I built a band it did not workout because of the people that I had picked, and It was me too, I am sure. I have more determination than I did before. And I promise you all that, at one of these rehearsals I will record it on my Edirol R-09HR and put it in sound bites. I already have a PA system here for the singers, and I just bought a Basson bass cabinet and now I have to get a guitar amp, I already have a YAMAHA keyboard here. I want equipment to stay here so all they have to do is bring their guitars and themselves. I figured it was about time for me to try this again. The problem that I was having, was trying to find the musicians, they were with a band already or they did not want to be a part of a new band, they want to gig right on the spot. So I have been finding people on craigslist. In this journey I have run into many selfish musicians these are not the musicians of old. But anyway I have to find a keyboard player, so the search continues.

2I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:22 am

Asaph

Asaph

Wonder why it is that keyboard players are so difficult to find. I see this problem everywhere.

http://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com

3I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:24 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Spanky,

Maybe you might consider holding off on
your band anouncement until it's actually
up and running. Seems like every time
you make your plans public something
happens and your goal never comes to
fruition. It's a tough deal, I know.

Finding loyal, to the cause players is a
witch spelled with a capital 'B'. I've
been waiting to hear something from
you for years now. Members of this
site who have posted anything here
regarding their own projects you can
count on one hand, with fingers to
spare..... Kinda pitiful I think.

Seeing how you've attempted this
several times in the past with results
that were unfavorable, I suggest a
better approach would be to make an
anouncement of an upcoming show,
Youtube clip or something that pertains
to an actual accomplishment.

4I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Woody

Woody

Good luck, Spanky.
I hope you make a go of it.
Sometimes it's hard to keep people/musicians together because of personality conflicts.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

5I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:20 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Hi, Woody, really good to see you back again.
That's among the main reasons among those
of artistic conflicts and just trying to get players
interested enough to even show up to get things
started.

6I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Woody

Woody

I never really left, Don. I've just been lurking and reading other peoples posts.
I can't begin to think how many bands I've played with that peoples personalities have conflicted and you spend all kinds of time and energy putting everything you have into something that just seems to fall apart.
Been there, done that......
It helps if you can find musicians compatible enough to look at the big picture and work together to accomplish something worthwhile.
Kind of like being married.
You have to give and take.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

7I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:19 pm

spanky

spanky

Well Don the way I see it, is that you are the guy's that I should talk 2 I only tried to make a real good go at this twice before. And the first time I had not a clue. This is not like when I was playing in church for years, where there was no problem getting people. And because I am comfortable talking to you guy's about my desires in music, I feel this is where I should come to talk. And the last time it did not work out, I said the hell with it, but I have had a year and a half to think about it. Fail or succeed I must give it my best shot. Discouragement did it the last time. but I feel that I have to prove this to myself only. You are supposed to dust yourself off and try it again. But I won't say another word about it.

8I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:23 am

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Keep at it Spanky,

Eventually you'll find the right people to play with, ....but you won't if you stop trying..
you have to weed through a lot of people before you find some that are on the same page musically, and just as important- are good people.

I'll keep my ears open, and if I hear of any decent keyboard players, I'll hit you up here-

D.L.

9I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:26 am

Asaph

Asaph

Just wondering, Spanky, if you are on Bandmix, or any of those kinds of sites to find musicians. For many it doesn't seem to help, for others they land gigs and bandmates all the time. Actually, there is a site called Bandmates, too. I record with a guitarist who contacted me on Bandmix.

http://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com

10I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:15 pm

spanky

spanky

I have been a member of Bandmix for 2 years.

11I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:14 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

I'm glad you feel that you can confide
in us, Spanky. Like D.L. said, if you
keep at it, it will happen. Keep pushin,
man.

12I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Suss

Suss

Be encouraged Spanky!

Keep your feet on the ground and your head to the sky!

You'll find every bit of personnel necessary... for the living God gives to everyone the desires of their heart (just so that in the outcome, you glorify Him!).

http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsussewell  http://www.facebook.co

13I Am going To Try This Again Empty Re: I Am going To Try This Again Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:12 am

spanky

spanky

Thanks John, love ya man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum