BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lots of GOOD news lately!!

+4
stephane
Ted E. Bear
kenny
drumman
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Lots of GOOD news lately!! Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:34 am

drumman

Looking for the good things in life.....

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.....

2Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Thu May 17, 2012 2:22 pm

drumman

This forum is getting too depressing with all these funeral announcements.
How about talking about some positive things, yea shit happens..life goes on..and people pass on.
Life is still worth living, let's look for the good things in life.

3Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Thu May 17, 2012 5:23 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

I haven't posted here in awhile as I have been working very hard
on stepping up my playing ability and music career. However, I do
feel the need to speak on this particular subject especially after
reading drumman's selfish and insensitive comments.

Yes, people die. In a way dying is actually part of life. At the very
least it is absolutely a part of the cycle of life. With the passing of
the one's we hold dear comes mourning... There is a time to be
sad and pay heart felt tributes to those we have lost. It hurts
because we miss them. When we lose someone that has touched
our lives in a positive way, there's a little piece of us that dies with
that someone who was unique in our lives, who left an influence and
or an inspiration. And we mourn not so much for that person, but
for ourselves and the other lives they very surely touched during their
existence here.

If we continue to live, it is inevitable that we will lose someone(s)
who are dear to us whether we knew them on a personal level or
not. When it's your time to face the day of losing one dear to you,
drumman, remember this day. Remember to hold your head high,
shrug your shoulders and tell yourself that "life goes on and *hit
happens and people pass on."

when it's your time to lose a loved one, be sure to ignore that big
empty hole you'll feel in your chest, the pain in your gut. Nevermind
the helpless feeling of hurt and despair and the longing to have that
certain someone back with you while having to accept the cold reality
that, that isn't going to happen and that you will never see that
person in this lifetime ever again.

When that messenger comes to your door step to make his grim announcement
that someone very dear has been taken from you, don't forget to look him square
on and say:

*hit happens!

4Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Sat May 19, 2012 12:51 am

Suss

Suss

drumman wrote:This forum is getting too depressing with all these funeral announcements.
How about talking about some positive things, yea shit happens..life goes on..and people pass on.

Reading this depressed me more than what this forum appears to you "DRUMMAN."

As an ordained minister of the Gospel with an earned Doctorate, as well as a decent drummer with evidence, I've married and buried people who lived their lives with equity. Have you? In fact, I believe I'm the only Minister on this site unless someone else is hiding their Calling. If it's so good, then why hide it???

It's a damn shame that someone of your caliber in this forum finds it to be depressing - especially knowing that everyone here is welcome to live their lives like they're playing a sheet of music. Know the music and you'll live it properly. Or just insist that your music is the only music worthy to be performed/played.

Yet I don't know you personally; and I wonder what caliber you are. Based upon what you said, you probably have more "muzzle" than "gunpowder." Or maybe more "saltpeter" in the mix than ought to be.

Be real man and be more empathetic than degrading.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsussewell  http://www.facebook.co

5Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Sat May 19, 2012 2:50 am

kenny

kenny

Well I can understand where drumman is coming from. Every day someone seems to die in the news. So everyday people report on it. Well honestly many of these people haven't touched our lives personally. they are names on a record album and not much more. Why not instead of feeling sad, acknowledge the person with joy. They had a good run and lets honor that rather than oh how sad they died. Duh everything dies eventually. keep some kind of balance.
I tell my kids if anything ever happens to me don't be sad. Remember me for who i was and that i had a most blessed life and did my best with what i had to work with. be happy i had the chance and don't think of it as a loss. obviously it is a loss. I hated losing my parents it sucked. But you get on with life as they say life is for the living.

Why you guys can come down and scold a brother who just voices his opinion you should be ashamed of yourselves. Minister shminister you're just a human being like everyone else get off your high horse. earned doctorate wow i'm impressed get over yourself. Why not bring some light and cut the tragedy all the time we're sick of it. Read your letter john!!
That's your caliber! come on and judge me now like you did drum man i'll defend myself. gonna tell me my caliber? bring it.
I ain't afraid of you. You degrade the man then tell him, be more empathetic. Dude i think the old folks home is lookin for you.

http://www.balkanmusic.org

6Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Sat May 19, 2012 3:04 am

Suss

Suss

kenny wrote:Well I can understand where drumman is coming from. Every day someone seems to die in the news. So everyday people report on it. Well honestly many of these people haven't touched our lives personally. they are names on a record album and not much more. Why not instead of feeling sad, acknowledge the person with joy. They had a good run and lets honor that rather than oh how sad they died. Duh everything dies eventually. keep some kind of balance.
I tell my kids if anything ever happens to me don't be sad. Remember me for who i was and that i had a most blessed life and did my best with what i had to work with. be happy i had the chance and don't think of it as a loss. obviously it is a loss. I hated losing my parents it sucked. But you get on with life as they say life is for the living.

Why you guys can come down and scold a brother who just voices his opinion you should be ashamed of yourselves. Minister shminister you're just a human being like everyone else get off your high horse. earned doctorate wow i'm impressed get over yourself. Why not bring some light and cut the tragedy all the time we're sick of it. Read your letter john!!
That's your caliber! come on and judge me now like you did drum man i'll defend myself. gonna tell me my caliber? bring it.
I ain't afraid of you. You degrade the man then tell him, be more empathetic. Dude i think the old folks home is lookin for you.

You just defiled yourself by not respecting what is actually being said and OUGHT to be scolded. The reason why you understand carnality is because you are carnal. The reason why you don't understand what ought to have been said (yet call me by my first name, instead of Don's) is because I'm a Minister.

By your words you are justified. And by your words you shall be condemned or blessed. You are already judged because I wrote the Letter. So re-read it or reject it. It's clear you didn't pay attention to it or to drumman who was selfish and self-righteous in writing his.

Tell your kids to remember who created you, rather than you alone. Bring up a child in the way that he/she should; and when they get older, they want depart from it.

Period.

Peace!

7Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Sat May 19, 2012 4:19 am

kenny

kenny

yeah thanks for poppin back into the forum to dis a brother guys. i called you john because that's your name. hypocritical that's the name of your game. get some protein because you're gettin weak.
You guys piss me off! i have a righteous anger at your hypocrisy. i don't care if you are jehovah's witness or jack mormen. maybe your magic underwear is chafing you. get a life stop dissing innocent people .. saltpeter? That took a man? that's low. if that's the kind of minister you are save it for the mirror. let people be! until you do i will call you on your crap. yeah we're sick of constantly hearing about total strangers dying. people die. so what. A brother can't show his frustration without being called all kinds of names? I defiled myself when i engaged with your idiotic agenda.

Based upon what you said, you probably have more "muzzle" than "gunpowder." Or maybe more "saltpeter" in the mix than ought to be.
Be real man and be more empathetic than degrading.

I'm supposed to respect that because you said it? i think not not.
i don't care how many records you play on. that's cold
you should apologize to drumman because you've been a fool.
peace to you too.

http://www.balkanmusic.org

8Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Sat May 19, 2012 2:10 pm

Woody

Woody

The way I see it, everyone has their opinion and are entitled to it, whether or not I agree with it.
If everyone thought and felt the same way it would be a pretty boring life, if you ask me.
There are a lot of things I read that I don't necessarily agree to or adhere to but I don't feel the need to express my discontent with them.
I just think to myself that that is what they believe in, regardless if I agree with them or not.
People have different beliefs because of the way they are brought up or their lifes experiences. People are different, opinions are different and we should just accept them as what that persons believes.
Because a person beliefs differ from yours doesn't make that person wrong.
We should at least respect them for their own opinion without resorting to name calling and other derogatory statements.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

9Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Sat May 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Well spoken Woody, and totally on the mark !

I wasn't going to answer Drumman and now Kenny's remarks about the funeral posts but since I'm the one who has posted them [with the exception of Colin including Donna Summer ], I guess I now will.

My posting of a musician's death is done with the intention of honoring their memory by reminding us of any music they may have created that might have touched our lives. I also seek to remind us all to cherish the time you have on this plane, and to interact with each other, because it can all be gone in an instant. I also do it to be informative because the major media will not report on someone's passing unless they're a big star. As an example, Whitney Houston and Donna Summer's deaths were all over the news but Duck Dunn and Cornell Dupree's were not.

Unfortunately the amount of people dying that we know of is going to continue to increase because all our musical heroes are all getting on in years , as we all are.

It's also not like we have hundreds of daily posts here, so are my postings gonna take up valuable space ?

And you're also free to ignore any of my topics, right ? You don't like funeral announcements - duly noted.....

Will that stop me from posting them ? Probably not ......

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

10Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Sun May 20, 2012 6:43 am

stephane

Completely agree with you Woody!Peace to all of you guys in this great forum!Stef

11Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Sun May 20, 2012 4:30 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Who determines who we should mourn or honor be it
someone we know on a personal level or one we've
never met face to face. The death of Michael Jackson
broke my heart... I felt the need to acknowledge and
express that. If it wasn't that way for you then fine.

There is a time to laugh and there is a time to cry.
Some may cry where others may laugh. but why knock
the one who will express his or her sadness through
grief rather than joy?! Everybody doesn't feel 'happy'
when someone they care about dies. In actuallity I
know of no one that does.

There's always some among us that share our feelings
and sentiments. as well as those who do not... So,
what do we do but be who we are and act accordingly?

Therefore who is anyone else to tell us that we should
do otherwise? Death and funeral anouncements bother
you?!..... Here's a thought, DON'T READ EM!

What's the difficulty in simply not engaging when
you don't want to or have to?! scratch

12Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Thu May 24, 2012 6:06 am

Colin

Colin

"I haven't posted here in awhile as I have been working very hard
on stepping up my playing ability and music career. However, I do
feel the need to speak on this particular subject especially after
reading drumman's selfish and insensitive comments."

Great to hear you Don
Yes Working Hard its worth while, on the long term outlook.

And Some Great Musicians have left us
this week.
So we talk about their great music
Like Donna Summer meeting the Italian Synthesizer Wizard
gave her a brand like not other performer.

Thats so Great.

Nowdays many pop bands all sound the same
Computer music etc,
so musicains that are not in that zone are Cool.

Outtasight
Colin.

13Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Thu May 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Suss

Suss

drumman wrote:This forum is getting too depressing with all these funeral announcements.

On a recent phone call to a fella in Belgium, the focus became more upon what he was doing than what I was doing. He wanted to talk about all of the positive things yet had no regard for what enables us to tell the difference and what "ministry" and "empathy" is about. In fact he called those practicing "Faith" in God and those promoting it: "bull#$%^!"

We live in a very cynical world that's getting more cynical because of these attitudes. Whereas disasters bring the people together involved in it (and remotely those moved by it), there's a large number of folks who give no thought for it as if they're unaffected when they occur.

Frankly, I care. If a "Calling" was attained by a democratic process, then perhaps I'd be more concerned with my constituency. Yet since a "Calling" is attained by a theocratic process, I can't be moved by folks who live their lives today without anything more in mind but eating, drinking and being merry (positive).

Sorry guys... but calling me on what's dubbed as "crap" is nothing compared to the "crap" in store for those who don't care and get depressed with reality. There's really not much more to say on that fact. It's just a matter of which side of the fence you're on instead of riding it.

14Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Thu May 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Suss

Suss

Lots of GOOD news lately!! HazeHonored

The timely irony here should be obvious:

“What DO you say to someone who isn’t dead yet but dying?[/b]

I received news today (May 24, 2012) that a personal friend just returned home from the hospital to his hospice. Just discharged from the VA Hospital in Buffalo, NY, he has only three months to live. While with him on the phone, he asked if I would phone him back this evening, at which point I heard his voice break, choked with emotion, and then we hung up. Needless to say, he, I and everyone knowing him was hoping for a better outcome – I still am!

Yet in the meantime, this caused me to revisit the issue of life, death and the promised hope of life after death. This caused me to revisit the discomforts and sorrow I’ve personally experienced in loss or officially conducting a funeral - witnessing the bereaved family and never quite seeming to reconcile myself with the mystery of our past, present and future as sentient human beings.

Talking to someone who is dying can be very uncomfortable. It can be so uncomfortable people often avoid, or want to avoid, visiting or talking with a dying person. People often state they “just don’t know what to say.”It is understandable we are at a loss for words around someone who is dying. We never wrote essays in school about talking to a dying person and dinner conversations don’t routinely cover this subject. It is especially difficult to find words when we are experiencing intense feelings of sadness and impending loss. We may only see their failing body, declining health, and vanishing spirit while losing sight of the fact a dying person is more than their death. Finding words in this painful situation necessitates a broader perspective than the moment we are in.

At any point in time a human being is a composite of their past, present and future.
Relating to people successfully includes referencing all three of these dimensions.

When we say “hello” to someone who is dying we need to be thinking about the person they were, the person they are, and the person they will become. When we ask “How are you?” we need to really mean it and not accept “fine” or “OK” as an answer. We need to say “No, I mean how are you really.” Then we need to listen and listen well, because talking with someone who is dying is as much about listening as it is about words.

We may not know much about the particulars a dying person shares such as diagnoses or tests or treatments. But we all know about pain, frustration, sadness, and loss. These feelings are not situation specific and we can say “I am so sorry you have to experience these things today.” Empathizing with someone who is dying is a powerful way to be with them. Even the dying person can only spend so much time with their decline and will need to move on.

You can say “I remember when things were different. Do you remember when we went fishing in that snowstorm?” or bring up some time in the past you were together. This can often be a comfortable time talking about your shared past and exchanging familiar remembrances that connect you in the world of memories. Talking about past experiences reminds everyone that the dying person’s life is more than what it is today.

When reminiscing is ending you can talk about tomorrow by asking “What will your tomorrow be like?” This question may take you into current events or it may take you into the final chapter of a life. When a dying person talks about “just waiting to go” you may squirm and say “I hate to hear you say that, my world will be different without you.” Tears and hugs and hand holding are meaningful because sharing emotions and touch are another powerful way to be with someone.
Ending a conversation or visit with a dying person can be hard. You can say “I have to go now, I have enjoyed talking with you, I am thinking about you.” You may be overwhelmed with lots of other thoughts and emotions, but know you have made a positive difference by spending time with someone and their past, present, and future. And when the dying person can no longer talk, you can still communicate with them by sitting quietly at their side in silence, remembering their life is so much more than this moment.
Perhaps my comments here, along with other's notifications elsewhere, might provide some empathetic insight into what many, if not all, go through one way or the other – even if it doesn’t affect you directly. And this isn’t just my “opinion” on the matter. It’s “our” experience at one time or another.

Peace Guys - no need to quibble over what's real.

15Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Wed May 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Woody

Woody

[quote="Suss"]
Lots of GOOD news lately!! HazeHonored

I know that deer would be in my freezer if I saw that during hunting season...LOL!!!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

16Lots of GOOD news lately!! Empty Re: Lots of GOOD news lately!! Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:18 am

Suss

Suss

Quote = Woody:

I know that deer would be in my freezer if I saw that during hunting season...LOL!!!

I'm sure it would unless you saw that it was a fawn/doe out of season.

Semper fi Woody.

So when you do cull one out of the herd, I desire some venison instead of fish! Me shouldn't be gettin' the scurvy any who! Arrrrggg! pirat

rendeer

... oops, wrong graphic: try this one then: lol!

Peace to All!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum