BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pete York's Super Drumming 3

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Empty Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:15 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Just released is volume 3 in the set from concerts recorded over 20 years ago. This is all the rest of the footage that was not released. There are 4 Billy Cobham clips on it. On two he is playing music from West Side Story - "Cool", and "America".

I have put up the two other clips on my site. They are " Two for Juan" and a medley of Dizzy Gillespie Songs : "Manteca, Kush, and Night in Tunisia". The band includes Peter Wolpl, Wolfgang Schmid, and Nippy Noya. I think Billy might have been using Simon Phillips' white Tamas on this show. If you remember Bill, you could fill us in, if that's the case. Simon was also on the program.

They will take about 3 minutes to load for each clip because I used the best transfer rate I could which reqires a big file. But your wait will be rewarded with a great picture, I promise. Check em out ! It's clips II and JJ .

http://www.drumminfool.com/more%20cobham%20videos.htm

http://www.drumminfool.com

2Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Empty Re: Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:56 am

Colin

Colin

Yes it was going cheap on a 2nd seller
on amazon uk
Still waiting for it.

Some years ago
this was done.
And Bill had played with Simon
on the big Field gig with loads of top drummers.

Outtasight
Colin.

3Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Empty Re: Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Woody

Woody

Thanks, Ted, that is great.
Great quality on the videos.
I love the overhead shots of Billy playing and that Tama kit sounds killer.
I wonder if Billy still has those green suspenders??? Laughing
Glad to see he wasn't wearing a belt at the same time. LOL
80's, for sure, with all those mullets. tongue

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

4Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Empty Re: Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Woody

Woody

I still like the sound of Zildjian cymbals better than Sabian.
That 22" Swish is the same one I have on my set up.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

5Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Empty Re: Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

You will like this DVD Colin, when it arrives.

And thanks Woody. I'm glad you liked the quality. As I said ,I believe that Tama kit belonged to Simon because Simon plays it on his portion of the show, and he's always used those very deep toms. I think Billy just rearranged what he wated from Simon's set-up and used his own cymbals for the show. But there's only one who can clarify that ! LOL Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

6Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Empty Re: Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:51 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Wow! As I listen to this. it reminds me how noticably a better player Billy is today than he was then. Today, he picks where he unleashish his chops much more carefully and he takes great care in supporting the band with a much more involved groove base. It's not so much about what he can pull off behind the kit but what he can do to help make the band sound better as a whole. Someone once said that Billy, even to this day is probably the greatest all-around drummer there ever was. I personally would not spend anytime debating against that statement.

Watching these clips, I gotta say that Billy looked like he'd been training for the olympics.... Man he was in fantastic shape!

And yes, Woody, the cymbals sound great.... Even today I think Zildjian makes wonderful cymbals. Lately though I have been investing in Istambul and Bosphorus cymbals.... They sound incredible.

Great stuff, Ted... Thanks for posting.

D.

7Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Empty Re: Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Colin

Colin

Ted E. Bear wrote:You will like this DVD Colin, when it arrives.

And thanks Woody. I'm glad you liked the quality. As I said ,I believe that Tama kit belonged to Simon because Simon plays it on his portion of the show, and he's always used those very deep toms. I think Billy just rearranged what he wated from Simon's set-up and used his own cymbals for the show. But there's only one who can clarify that ! LOL Peace, TED

You are Banng on Right Ted
even Cozy Powell
just before he died in that fatal car crash.
This is like many VHS Editions into a DVD 2 disc set in 5.1 sound
it is Cool.
Peter York worked some magic with all these
Great Drummers and Musicians.

http://www.cozypowell.com/

Outtasight
Colin.

8Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Empty Re: Pete York's Super Drumming 3 Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:12 am

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

That single-stroke roll demo
was very much the one he did
for me, at Sam Ash, in White
Plains, NYC, back in 1975-1976,
I think it was - when I was a
a mere 'yute' and I still can't
do that sh--!

affraid

Incidentally, when he did it for
me, he did all fingers, both
hands. I never forgot it.

geek:

I better keep workin' on it.
Who knows? Maybe a miracle
can happen, someday.

Not a drumming story but a
potential miracle one:

Melanoma Stopped in Patient With 5 Billion Copies of Own Cell

By Michelle Fay Cortez

June 19 (Bloomberg) -- Researchers used 5 billion copies of a single immune cell from a man to wipe out signs of his advanced melanoma for more than two years, according to a report in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Copies of an infection-fighting CD4 T cell were grown in a laboratory, and then used to attack the 52-year-old patient's tumor, the report said. Previously, scientists had difficulty isolating and copying immune system cells, the researchers wrote in the report.

The man had recurrent melanoma that failed to respond to therapy or surgery when he enrolled in a clinical trial at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle. The disease had spread to his lungs and a lymph node before he received the two-hour infusion of the lab-grown immune system cells. Sixty days later, all signs of the disease were gone. He remained in remission for the following two years, researchers said.

``We were surprised by the anti-tumor effect of these CD4 T cells and its duration of response,'' said Cassian Yee, the senior author of the paper and an associate member of the clinical research division, in a statement. ``For this patient we were successful, but we would need to confirm the effectiveness of therapy in a larger study.''

Researchers said the approach might allow them to fight cancer with safer and less invasive methods than the surgery, radiation and chemotherapy medications that are often used. If the new approach is successful in trials, it may be used to treat 25 percent of all patients with late-stage melanoma similar to the disease in the study, Yee said.

Still Alive

The patient had no signs of cancer after two years, when he requested not to be contacted further by researchers or the media, Yee said yesterday in a telephone interview. He is still alive and says the disease hasn't returned, according to Yee.

Eight other people have been given the treatment, including as recently as a month ago. The severe condition, which usually kills people within a year, stopped spreading in some of the test patients, though it's too early to tell if any will respond as well as the man whose cancer was halted, Yee said.

The patient didn't receive any treatment other than the cloned infection-fighting T cells. He also didn't take any drugs or undergo any treatments designed to prepare his body for the process, the researchers said. Cancer patients sometimes endure intensive treatment to condition their bodies for a new therapy or to help lengthen the time it works.

Sparked by Treatment

Only about 50 percent to 75 percent of the patient's tumor cells produced the antigen that the laboratory-grown immune system cells targeted. The researchers speculated that his immune response against the tumor was sparked and expanded by the treatment, leading to regression of the entire tumor.

``During regression of the tumor, this clone appears to have induced the patient's own T cells to respond to other antigens of his tumor,'' the researchers concluded. ``These findings support further clinical studies.''

More than 62,000 people in the U.S. will be diagnosed in 2008 with melanoma, the most common and deadly form of skin cancer, according to the American Cancer Society. Almost 8,500 patients will die from it this year.

Regards,

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum