BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin about!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin about! Empty Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin about! Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:50 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Still bad!

Go here and check out his piece called "Wolfbane." Beautiful drum solo... As smooth, fluid, and precise as the Lenny White I've always known him to be.

With the relentless bombardment of chops these young up-and-comers are throwing out these days, It's really nice to go back and listen to the old pros and hear how it's supposed to be done.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=153983686

Slam.

2Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin about! Empty Re: Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin about! Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:18 am

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

Oh, that is in his element! He's so, so good!

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

3Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin about! Empty Re: Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin about! Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:41 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

You know, Pete. I was just checking out some Ronald Bruner clips on youtube the other day. The kid is a monster in the department of chops. It was all good. But to me, he sounds like another one of the many killer youngsters that plays for the drums rather than the music. It seems whatever they touch, the entire thing turns into a drum solo, blowing their cookies at and within every measure.

But then, Maybe I'm being unfair. Just like with myself, it takes time and experience to learn that you don't always have to play like you have to constantly prove yourself in this fashion. What actually happens over time is you wind up proving yourself twice. First that you have chops and second that you can actually play music.

Lenny makes me so proud!

Slam.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum