BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just did sound for a tv program!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I just did sound for a tv program! Empty I just did sound for a tv program! Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:17 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Man what a rush. I was in the control room watching all the screens getting cues from the stage and sound director, sitting right next to the camera director and watching and listening to him give cues and instructions to the camera operators. Watching the Stage directors setting everyone on their marks Working to get my sound right for the live recording mix.

All this stuff happens at once and it is absolutely controlled kaos. The stress level is through the roof. You mush watch and listen for EVERY little thing. 4 tunes in 6 hours. I can't begin to tell you how involved this stuff is. I don't even want to think about a large TV production.

I did sound for a soon to be released tv show and it came out pretty darn good! I must admit I'm pretty stoked.

Slam.

2I just did sound for a tv program! Empty Re: I just did sound for a tv program! Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:01 am

Colin

Colin

Great Work Don
The stress brings out Magic.
Keep On Keeping On.

Outtasight
Colin.

3I just did sound for a tv program! Empty Re: I just did sound for a tv program! Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:30 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Thanks, Colin,

And yes right right. It's amazing how a bit of pressure can bring out the best in some that may even have doubt.

It was a great experience not to mention fun. I'm going to take an 18 hour class and get certified to do more such as run tv cameras, sound to video and even direct some tapings for tv. Then I'll likely volunteer some of my time down at the local media center to get my feet wet.

Don.

4I just did sound for a tv program! Empty Re: I just did sound for a tv program! Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:21 pm

Suss

Suss

Very glad to read this, and certainly hope that the opportunity will open up some new horizons and projects you see being involved with down the road.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsussewell  http://www.facebook.co

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum