BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hiram Bullock CD with Boomer is out !

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hiram Bullock CD with Boomer is out ! Empty Hiram Bullock CD with Boomer is out ! Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:02 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Hello all!

Hope everyone had a Merry Xmas or whatever you celebrate. I just received the Hiram Bullock Plays the Music of Jimi Hendrix CD which features Billy and the WDR Big Band recorded live in May 2004 at the University of Cologne, Germany.

It's not very long time -wise clocking in at just under 48 minutes. There are 7 tunes: Crosstown traffic/Little Miss Lover , Red House , Foxy Lady, Little Wing, Voodoo Chile, Gypsy Eyes, Manic Depression.

Stefan Rademacher is on bass. My favorite tunes were Gypsy Eyes, and Manic Depression, which contains a superb drum solo by Boomer done in-tempo after the rest of the group stops playing. It's hard enough to create an interesting solo, but doubly-hard to keep it up for several minutes while keeping the melody going in your head alongside what you're creating. But that's why Boomer is the master he is !

Hiram's guitar playing is pretty good thruout, and the arrangements on the songs are varied enough to keep your interest. The arrangements were done by Berno Lechtenfeld.

My only negative comment on the disc was Hiram's vocals which were a bit strained and hoarse at times.

Right now the disc is a japanese only release. There is supposed to be a European release sometime in January, and no word on whether there will be a domestic USA release. The Japanese pressings are already sold out at Audiophile but they should be getting the European import when it comes out for those who are interested.

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

stephane

Hello Ted,
it's good but too short,why not a 2 cds set???I was not at the show in 2004 but i don't think it was to short...Anyway,Billy is on top here!Peace,Stef

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum