BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alive

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alive Empty Alive Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:07 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Here is a really cool cut from "Drums N Voice" that features Chaka Khan.

I really enjoy the diverse directions Billy allows himself to take.
My biggest drumming inspiration, absolutely and is among my biggest
inspirations just as a person.

Billy kind of reminds me of Forest Gump, Not a whole lot of contemplating
this or that. He just sort of does it in action and does it well. I honestly
cannot think of a more versatile drummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOj6jjgqavo&feature=related

2Alive Empty Re: Alive Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:04 am

Colin

Colin

I would prefer this in 5.1
as so many Musicians mixed into this
it is hard to hear the Drums.

With So Many Big Names
on this Italian recording
I would assume is has a better label.

Billy Cobham is still
in HMV stores in the UK
the only main Record store left , now.

Outtasight
Colin.

3Alive Empty Re: Alive Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:33 am

Suss

Suss

Colin wrote:I would prefer this in 5.1
With So Many Big Names
Billy Cobham is still
in HMV stores in the UK
Outtasight
Colin.

Having heard this and virtually putting myself in the mix, I must say that it is never possible for those on a Team to be selfish in their pursuits. I choose to see this as an "offering" from those who hear the musical efforts of seasoned performers, rather than "Big Names on this Italian" label. No Colin... the teamwork already brought out the music. I love it - and having been to Italy in my past, I so appreciate Italian threads in much of what the world enjoys today.

Point in fact, given that HMV remains as the only main Record store left in your part of the woods is a testimony to how capitalism and politics (back room dealings among economies mostly hidden to the common person) dictates non-beneficial outcomes to the populace. Perhaps if the approach to "opportunity" within "capitalism" was more acutely envisioned (and embraced), the world today would be a different place.

Keep it Real with Accountability.

By the way, Happy New Year Colin... It's been awhile since you and I last conversed (and you requested I be removed from your private email). What's going on man as YOU approach a new decade, let alone a year. I just say it like it is fella, and make no apologies unless my behavior is irresponsible. Accountability is the issue here, in spite of our opinions. I'd actually love to debate with you face to face and in front of an audience/witnesses. Why? Simply because I sense that when two vessels of opposing opinions are in a room (with witnesses), we discover more common ground than disparities between us and an argument.

... and thanks Don for posting this. As we spoke on the phone over the weekend, I am so happy that Billy is laying on his groove like so few others can muster. The joy I experience in Boomer's playing is that when he chooses to explode, he does it like so few others can. The man has a Signature to his playing (something that he personally instilled in me back in the 70s). The beauty about engrafting his Signature is that I developed my own with my own personality. Actually, that's the beauty of our shared artform. I'm still learning though.... and most certainly glad to be ALIVE among you ALL here! Be prayerful in 2010!

Sincerely, and with much Love!

P.S. When in the recording studio as a drummer, it remains for many to understand what disciplines are called upon to produce behind our kit. I am amazed how I'm able to persist in my efforts when there are so many potential influences (and issues) seemingly distracting us from core values. I'm listening. Thanks Nephew! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOj6jjgqavo&feature=related

http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsussewell  http://www.facebook.co

4Alive Empty Re: Alive Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:04 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Colin wrote:I would prefer this in 5.1

With So Many Big Names

Billy Cobham is still
in HMV stores in the UK

Outtasight
Colin.

I must totally disagree with you on this one, Colin. I can hear the drums just fine. And I know the sounds would be more vivid here if there was an HD tab and even more so on the actual CD. To each his own, but it sounds good to me.

5Alive Empty Re: Alive Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Colin

Colin

I can hear the Drums

Just wished for 5.1.

It is a All Star cast
needs a good Dist. Label.

Outtasight
Colin

6Alive Empty Re: Alive Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Woody

Woody

Gimme five, I've arrived, I'm alive today.........

Yes, Boomer, very nice.

Did Billy write all of the compositions????

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum