BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Husband left Level 42?

+4
Ted E. Bear
Admin (Pete)
kle69
drumman
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Gary Husband left Level 42? Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:09 pm

drumman

Level 42 is doing a 30th anniversary tour this year with some dates in the U.S.,
but Gary Husband is not in the drum chair.
I don't know who the guy is, but not sure if I am interested without Gary.
It would be cool if Billy did it again, or even the original drummer, Phil Gould.

Hopefully one of them will return soon!

2Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:46 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Gary is filling a more prestigious chair - with the 4th Dimension Band . the new CD is killing ! Only a few dates announced for the tour so far. New York is Nov 13th at Town Hall. thyr'e also playing Quebec, Toronto, Alexandria VA , House of Blues in Boston, Austin TX , and Mexico.

Anyone who misses this tour is just plain foolish !

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

3Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty gary husband Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:27 pm

kle69

hi drumman
just to let you know,gary has not left level 42 as such.the guy who's sitting in for him will be PETE RAY BIGGIN.must say that i'd never heard of him myself until it was announced that he will be touring with level 42.hope this helps.

4Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Wed May 05, 2010 10:28 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

I have seen video of Gary
with them that slays. He
is unbelievable. The guy
is so talented.

Regards,

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

5Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Thu May 06, 2010 6:43 am

Colin

Colin

Yes Good point Ted.

Gary has not Left Level 42
he is so busy with other Tours he can not fir them in.

This is normal in sessions.
The John McLaughlin Music
is at a Supreme level.

Outtasight
Colin.

6Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Fri May 07, 2010 10:55 am

Gary Husband

Hey guys, regards to all,

There's a really good cat in the drum chair for Level 42 right now - Pete Ray Biggin. I'm not sure if I'll be doing more of the band's touring work right now. Besides, I think there are many players that could play for the group much better than me! To me, Phil Gould will always be the perfect drummer for Mark and the guys in my opinion.

Right now I'm out on tour with John McLaughlin in Europe, which is fantastic work very well suited to me. I'm very fortunate. The new album ("To The One") from John and this group (the 4th Dimension) I feel really good about. I got to play two tracks as principal drummer on the record, which was great, and also I team up contributing drums along with Mark Mondesir (the group's main drummer) on a few other tracks. That's of course as well as keyboards, which is my main role in the group.

I'm also going to continue working on my new fusion album project - "Dirty & Beautiful". Allan Holdsworth, John McLaughlin, Jerry Goodman (and others) will be among the many and various instrumentalists on the record.

Best,

GH

Last edited by Gary Husband on Sat May 08, 2010 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

7Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Fri May 07, 2010 11:37 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

HI Gary,

Great to hear from you ! To the One is a fantastic album and I'm really looking forward to seeing you and the band at Town Hall in New York in November. I have heard from others who are following the tour in Europe at the moment and they say that you are using a full kit this time, as opposed to the "jungle Kit" last tour ? Also that there are not many tunes from the new album being played yet ? Is this true ? and is there any particular reason for that ?

My favorite cut on the new album has to be a Fine Line, though I like all the songs very much. I hope that will be played in concert.

this new fusion project of yours sounds very exciting to me. What a stellar line-up with who you/'ve mentioned. When can we expect to hear this ???

I hope you're feeling well, and thanks for taking the time to visit our little board !

Peace, TED

8Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Fri May 07, 2010 11:58 am

Gary Husband

Ted E. Bear wrote:HI Gary,

Great to hear from you ! To the One is a fantastic album and I'm really looking forward to seeing you and the band at Town Hall in New York in November. I have heard from others who are following the tour in Europe at the moment and they say that you are using a full kit this time, as opposed to the "jungle Kit" last tour ? Also that there are not many tunes from the new album being played yet ? Is this true ? and is there any particular reason for that ?

My favorite cut on the new album has to be a Fine Line, though I like all the songs very much. I hope that will be played in concert.

this new fusion project of yours sounds very exciting to me. What a stellar line-up with who you/'ve mentioned. When can we expect to hear this ???

I hope you're feeling well, and thanks for taking the time to visit our little board !

Peace, TED

Thanks Ted,

I'm really pleased you like the record.

Actually the track Fine Line we are playing live, along with another track from the album - Recovery.

We kind of got off to a difficult start, mostly due to the Volcano thing, and the rehearsals were cut way short because of travel problems. It's a really intense tour too, which means we are getting little if not hardly any time to work on preparing more of the
new material. At the moment we've just got those two from the new record. Hopefully we'll get more in though.

John is playing great, and the addition of our new bassist Etienne M'bappe has really transformed the group in my opinion.

Very best wishes to you and I look forward to seeing you in New York later in the year!!

Gary

P.S. My record is taking some time to get restarted on, due to my rather constant schedule right now, but I'll get back to it.. and full reports will feature on my new website (currently being rebuilt) over at www.garyhusband.com. I've already some nice music recorded with Allan Holdsworth, Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Goodman recorded - photos at www.myspace.com/garyhusband - so it has officially begun!

Yep I dropped the jungle kit thing. I liked the idea in a way, especially for this group, but the sound of it and the limitations became frustrating to me. Of course, as is obvious, I play a regular full kit on the record (along with Mark Mondesir), so I just figured I'd do it for the shows too.

9Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Fri May 07, 2010 12:27 pm

kenny

kenny

wasn't that a tune by the blues project "volcano thing"? I think you got a title there gary!

http://www.balkanmusic.org

10Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Fri May 07, 2010 1:09 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Hey, G,

Great to hear from you. Sounds like you have some cool things happening. Any chance of you guys hitting the west coast, Yoshi's maybe?

Okay, so what is this "jungle kit" deal?!

D.

11Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Fri May 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

Gary,

Are you going to be coming into
the Chicago area? I would love
to see and meet you, finally.

You are a hero!

Regards,

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

12Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Don, the "jungle kit" is Gary's term for the mini set-up he used on the first 4th Dimension tour. It consisted of a bass drum, snare, a timbale, and two beat-up trashy cymbals. Gary would step from behind the keys and play the kit standing up adding all sorts of signatures to the music and complementing Mark Mondesir's playing on the complete kit. I posted a photo of it a while back. I will see if I can find it.

And Pete, as of now the only confirmed dates are along the east coast starting in Canada and ending up in Mexico. the closest to you would be Austin texas although that's certainly not close. It's my understanding that there will be dates across the rest of America in 2011 but they are not confirmed at this time. For info, go to Ted Kurland Associates as they handle their bookings

[img]Gary Husband left Level 42? 4th_di10[/img]

Here's a photo I took during sound check of Gary on the jungle kit.

Peace, TED

13Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Sat May 08, 2010 3:13 am

Gary Husband

Thanks Pete and D,

The dates are not all formed and confirmed yet I don't think, but I think there's a good chance for the West Coast, and maybe Chicago too. Would be good to meet you both!

Best,

G

14Gary Husband left Level 42? Empty Re: Gary Husband left Level 42? Sun May 09, 2010 10:17 am

Colin

Colin

"Dirty & Beautiful". Allan Holdsworth, John McLaughlin, Jerry Goodman (and others)

Yes Gary only One Label will do that.

The Great Abstract Logix Label.

I wish Allan would use more Synthe Guitar
it is cool with his hands on it.

Outtasight
Colin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum