BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

KickPort

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26KickPort - Page 2 Empty Re: KickPort Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:52 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Hey Rac,

Kickport retails for $40. When I had my head made by vintage logos, they also had the option of having the port put in. I liked the look of the chrome one, so I got it. I did not know there was a difference with hole ports or I would have gotten the kickport. I will now get one, and replace the one I have with it, but not today.

The one I have seems to make the bass drum have a little more presence, but not an awful lot. I have not heard what a kickport will do, but if my brother Don says it's that big a difference, then I will have to believe him because he knows his shit !!! LOL . After I change ports, then I will be able to make an informed opinion on which one is better or not !

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

27KickPort - Page 2 Empty Re: KickPort Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Rac,

I have never used anything smaller than a 20" kick. So I would not want to try and answer your question concerning your 18".
I don't see why it wouldn't work though.

Ted,

Obviously I couldn't tell anyone that they will definitely, absolutely like the KickPort. I was looking for a more phat and focused punch through my bass drum and the KickPort delivered. It may be too much for some. What I can say is that if you're looking for what I was after out of my kick drum, then this piece of technology will make it happen.

28KickPort - Page 2 Empty Re: KickPort Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Racman

Racman

I was looking for a more phat and focused punch
D

We can't hold you to something that is personal, but it sounds to me that it would'nt take but add something positive in a kick small as a 18". So, based on my decision, I could probably use the Kickport, no dought.

And thanks for the information on the product.

BTW D, how did you come across hearing or seeing the kickport. I never ask you that as of yet.

Thanks,

Rac

http://www.glennracoma.com

29KickPort - Page 2 Empty Re: KickPort Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:25 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Rac,

Audrey and I were at the music store together, I was buying some drum heads. She saw them hanging on the wall and pointed them out to me as she understands what I'm looking for in my drum sound... So in actuality, it was my wife that discovered it for me. Had I been by myself, I likely would have never seen it.

"This is a man's world.... But it wouldn't be nothing without a woman or a girl."

- James Brown

30KickPort - Page 2 Empty Re: KickPort Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:48 am

Racman

Racman

she understands what I'm looking for in my drum sound.
D

It amazes me D how a woman can be so understanding and concern regarding her man's interests - sometimes over their own! My wife shares that quality and care as well. I wonder at times if I know my wife's interests as well as she knows mine.

There was a time where I was rushing to a gig and when getting there, I realize I forgot my sticks. Before I went into being bummed out, she comes over and hands me a brand new pair (exactly my brand and size) drumsticks. She thought ahead and felt it a good thing to carry a pair in her purse in case I ever forget them.

Yes, it's a man's world but we can't functionally live without them neither. haha!

I thank God for her all the time. They're really a blessing and we can acknowledge that regardless of when we err in thinking it a curse at times...not that you do.

In Christ,
rac

31KickPort - Page 2 Empty Re: KickPort Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:22 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

I thank God for her all the time. They're really a blessing and we can acknowledge that regardless of when we err in thinking it a curse at times...not that you do.

I don't DARE, Rac. In January of 2007 we nearly lost her to bacterial meningitis. I will never ever forget being at home seeing her clothes and nik-naks around the house, smelling her scent while she lay in intensive care fighting for her very life. I was so distraught that I couldn't even sleep in our bed. I'd sleep (lay actually, I couldn't sleep.) on the living room couch and get up in the morning and go directly to the hospital unshaven and un-kept. I'd sit and hold her hand and talk to her in her inter-bated state, on a breathing machine with tubes going in and coming out of her.

I remember one early morning at home falling to my knees in tears in the kitchen and asking God to please heal and spare her, and even reverse her's and my circumstance, to make me sick instead of her.

He did not honor my every request. Later that morning I got a phone call saying that she was awake and asking for me. I did not have to trade places with her and she made a complete recovery.

Who can convince me that there is NO GOD?!!! Ridiculous and ludicrous! God is real and he lives... And he is GOOD!

No, I dare not ever see my wife, my gift from God as a curse.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. Romans 1:20

Praise Him in the name of Jesus, His Son!

Don, (a redeemed sinner).

32KickPort - Page 2 Empty Re: KickPort Sat May 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Racman

Racman

No, I dare not ever see my wife, my gift from God as a curse.
Don

I did'nt think you did Don and neither do I. I just ment there are times of disagreements. My apology for wording it incorrectly. But we do somehow make up and grow from them. Marriage will always be in progress and never picture-perfect. It's also interesting how storms in our lives can cause us to see what's really important in life having to live in a fallen and haphazard world.

And I'm sorry your wife had to go through such an ordeal of suffering. I praise our God that It turn for the good.

Amen?

Partners in Redemption,
Rac

33KickPort - Page 2 Empty Todays the day I buy..... Tue May 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Racman

Racman

a KickPort at Easy Music Store, here in Honolulu. I got them to bring the price down from 60 to 39. bucks! All I did was print out a cyber space store that sold it for 39. That's their policy is to compete with the internet product price list. It was there idea, .............my gain.

Aloha

Thank you Jesus,

rac

34KickPort - Page 2 Empty Re: KickPort Wed May 05, 2010 1:14 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

So, did you buy one? And if you did, have you installed and played with it yet?

35KickPort - Page 2 Empty Re: KickPort Wed May 05, 2010 1:47 am

Racman

Racman

I need to install it then either wait for my next gig or play it inside my shop one evening.

It looks pretty cool I must admit. I've already told others here locally about it and everyone awaits my comments. I'm also trying to get our church to use one on their kit, which is a Catalina Gretch 22" BD.

Keep in mind D, that it will be installed on my 18" Tama birtch BD (picture posted in other thred) which I think can only add to it. People are that much more interested because they too are using 18s" as well.

I'll try to post the finished installed for a visual of what it looks like on a 18 incher.

Until further adue...

Shalom my brother,

rac

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum