BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolfbane gone Lethal @ point 7:25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wolfbane gone Lethal @ point 7:25 Empty Wolfbane gone Lethal @ point 7:25 Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:08 am

Racman

Racman

This is a song written by Lenny recorded about 14/15 years ago on his Presentence CD but done much much faster. It's Wolfbane on steroids chased in cola. It's impressive except personally, it takes the groove from the orginal. At the time this video was taken, Presentense had already been circulating in record stores nationally. Not sure if the players were those recorded on that CD, but I do know this; lead bass is non other than the great, Joe "Foley" mcCreary (Miles live in Paris 1990) is on this. This guy always amazes me how the bass instrument is used! He may be from a distant planet lol! Love it!

There is, however, a fairly current video of the same tune and performed just as fast, with Victor Bailey on bass brutally pushing hard. Lenny continues to hold stamina except a bit shakey in one segment to the point of dropping a stick going into a roll. Never the less, Lenny has always been first class craftsman in my estimate. I'll see if I can retrieve that YouTube video soon if you hav'nt already.

Hand-to-Foot Combo over time
In RTF's last concert at Montreux 2008, one of Lenny's solos is just incredible! His focus seems to be on alternating between hand-to-foot combinations that would just blow your minds. I've notice this in his earlier performances (80's) exicuting the same licks - very intricate patterns done over many years. When Lenny is on, those patterns are crisp as daylight and very innovatively creative. Take notice in this video that hand-to-foot combo was happening then in a more profound way and continues to defined itself in his recent performances.... But enough with this chatter and please do enjoy the video.

Aloha,
Rac

And it can become lethal Starting at point 7:25

http://www.glennracoma.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum