BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colonoscopy

+4
D. Slam
pLee
fusionfunk
spanky
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Colonoscopy Empty Colonoscopy Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:15 pm

spanky

spanky

Well brothers this past Thursday, I had a colonoscopy, and it is a good thing that I did, because they found multiple polyps, that could have turned into cancer, but they removed them, I don't have to get another one for 3 years, if you are in your 50's I would suggest that you get a colonoscopy, it could save your life, I am 55.
So suppose I did not get one, 2 to 3 years later or sooner, it turned into cancer, and when the cancer started to show it's ugly true colors, it might be to late. So if you are in your 50's get a colonoscopy test, male or female. To many people to count, has died because they did not get one.

2Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Great to hear that Spanky ! I had the same situation two years ago and they found some small polyps plus a large mass. I had to go back for a followup surgical colonoscopy a month later and they took as much out as they could. Then I waited almost a year and I went back again when they got the rest. Fortunately it wasn't malignant, and they were able to get all of it with the colonoscope. The alternative would have been major surgery to get it out. But I'm on the one year plan for now and have to have one every year. It's no big deal, they knock you out. The preparation is the worst part but you deal with it.

So as Spanky says if you're over 50 and haven't had one, you are taking the chance on it becoming cancerous before they can catch it. I'm glad I went ! Thanks for sharing Spanky !

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

3Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:50 am

Racman

Racman

Yes Spanky, excellent topic if we are to continue doing what we love doing; and playing drums is just one of them compared to being with our love ones. Early detection is key and preventive in these kinds of diseases.

I had both colonoscopy as well as the prostate testing; Both having good diagnostics on the final reports, thank you Lord Jesus. However, a week later they called me back in to get a sampled lab test of a tiny spot found on the inner walls of my lower intestines which turned out to being nothing life threatening. So I thank my Lord Jesus again. I don't have to return for another 4-5 years for the follow up testing.

But yes guys (49-50 yrs), by all means, do get them lower internals rooter rooted and checked out. If you don't have medical insurance, try getting insurance just for the time you need to have these tests. These days it seems that medical carriers are more lenient in getting clientele and are willing to by-pass physical tests prior to obtaining medical insurance. And if the worst scenario does happen, then you will at least know what you need to do and begin to prioritize getting the money to maintain service and have towards the necessary treatments anticipated.

And don't believe the stories from people that either never went through these tests or just trying to be stupid and outright silly. Don't let these exaggerated stories discourage you form doing this important and vital procedure.

Praying helps too.

Shalom,

rac

http://www.glennracoma.com

4Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:39 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

5Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:21 am

fusionfunk

fusionfunk

I'm scheduled for my first one, this August. Wish me luck!

I've have some health issues recently, which is why I haven't been around, but all is well for now. Very Happy

6Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:28 am

pLee

pLee

Here's lookin' up you, kid.

;0)

7Colonoscopy Empty The right time to share these thoughts Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:47 am

boomer

OK, so now I can say that in March of this year I was diagnosed with cancer of the prostate and had to go through radical prostate surgery. Today marks approximately 4 months recuperation. I am slowly regaining my strength every day but this sickness (Cancer) must not be taken lightly. Please have yourselves checked out, just to be sure. I am not fully clear but I found out that I have a MUCH stronger chance to make it to the age of 80+ than before March 2010 when my Dr. said that the alternative was no more than 18 months from diagnosis. I mention this now because I read this post just prior to my going to the hospital for my prostate check up. I did not want to respond until after I returned home with a better understanding of what the future holds for me. Things look pretty good, thank goodness as this is because of thinking and doing positive things on all social levels. Please keep this in mind as being positive and doing positive things is a major part of the battle against this problem.

Boomer

Last edited by boomer on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

8Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:17 am

pLee

pLee

Billy - Godbless. pLee

9Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 pm

spanky

spanky

boomer wrote:OK, so now I can say that in March of this year I was diagnosed with cancer of the prostate and had to go through radical prostate surgery. Today marks approximately 4 months recuperation. I am slowly regaining my strength every day but this sickness (Cancer) must not be taken lightly. Please have yourselves checked out, just to be sure. I am not fully clear but I found out that I have a MUCH stronger chance to make it to the age of 80+ than before March 2010 when my Dr. said that the alternative was no more than 18 months from diagnosis. I mention this now because I read this post just prior to my going to the hospital for my prostate check up. I did not want to respond until after I returned home with a better understanding of what the future holds for me. Things look pretty good, thank goodness as this is because of thinking and doing positive things on all social levels. Please keep this in mind as being positive and doing positive things is a major part of the battle against this problem.

Boomer
Thank you for sharing Billy, I had no idea that you were going through this, it just goes to show you how important a check up is. May God be on your side Billy and and you live a long and healthy life.

10Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Hi, everyone,

Billy told me of this in the beginning. And it's something that I personally wanted to share with you all as I believe we all need as much support and prayer as we can get in such situations. Billy swore me to secrecy, thus, I could not break that trust. I am so happy that things are looking up. I tend to be a worrywart and I was very concerned when Billy told me of this problem and that he was going into the hospital to have surgery. Now that it's out in the open, I would encourage all believers to first give thanks for what God has done and to keep B.C. and family in your thoughts and prayers.

I cannot begin to tell you how thankful and appreciative I am that Bill is doing better and is on the road to recovery.

God is good and in control... All the time!

11Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:43 pm

boomer

Not to mention that I don't have to wear that thrombosis sock anymore to help my weak side. there are soooooo many little 'bits and pieces' to be aware of. It is really important to know your body and watch your diet. Workout but do it in a logical way that will not hurt you as doing too much is as bad as not doing enough. Think things through as to what you want to get from these experiences as there will be quite a few that only you can relate to and how to sustain a "stronger you" down the road after you come through this. Trust me folks this experience is not to be taken lightly. Good luck to everybody who needs to go through this .

Boomer

12Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

Wow, Boomer. Wow.

Thank you for sharing this.
You know how much you
mean to us.

Love,

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

13Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

thanks for sharing this Billy, and I'm relieved to know your prognosis for 80+ is good !

You are always in my thoughts and prayers !

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

14Colonoscopy Empty Re: Colonoscopy Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:39 pm

Racman

Racman

Thank you Boomer for your being open on this vital and important issue. For those coming up in years, your testimony will only encourage and reinforce early detection of this age old desease.
God thank you for Boomer's recovery.
Amen

rac

http://www.glennracoma.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum