BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ebay Clown uses Boomer's Name

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ebay Clown uses Boomer's Name Empty Ebay Clown uses Boomer's Name Sun May 15, 2011 8:52 am

drumman

I am not sure if this kit was used by Billy Cobham (I doubt it) but this guy on
Ebay claims it was used by Billy and wants $7,000.00 for the kit.
It looks like Billy's Yamaha MCA Gold Sparkle kit that he used in 1998 with Jazz is Dead, but some
of the sizes are not right and there is only (1) bass drum.

He has no paper work to authenticate it or any explanation where he got it from.
The badges have a lame engraving with "Billy Cobham" stamped in between the Yamaha logo,
which could be fake, maybe boomer can shed some light on whether these are his or not??

http://cgi.ebay.com/BILLY-COBHAMS-YAMAHA-MAPLE-CUSTOM-ABSOLUTE-DRUMSET-9PC-/370510427948?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564424772c

2Ebay Clown uses Boomer's Name Empty Re: Ebay Clown uses Boomer's Name Sun May 15, 2011 3:01 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

drumman,

I'm not so sure that he was saying that THAT actual kit was Billy's
but that the Yamaha Maple Absolute line was a signature kit of his
that he played. Thus, Billy's name is stamped on the badge.

3Ebay Clown uses Boomer's Name Empty Re: Ebay Clown uses Boomer's Name Mon May 16, 2011 8:37 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

I think he IS saying that Don - Here is a quote from the ad " BILLY COBHAM'S PERSONAL YAMAHA MAPLE CUSTOM ABSOLUTE KIT! ACTUALLY ENGRAVED "BILLY COBHAM" ON EVERY DRUM BADGE! AND PLAYED BY BILLY! "

My personal feeling is that it is the signature line as you said. But there's only one person who can answer that question . LOL

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

4Ebay Clown uses Boomer's Name Empty Re: Ebay Clown uses Boomer's Name Mon May 16, 2011 3:40 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Ted, I asked the seller if it was actually owned by Billy or if it's a signature
line series. When he replies back I'll let you know what he says.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum