BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rare Earth Get Ready 1973

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rare Earth Get Ready 1973  Empty Rare Earth Get Ready 1973 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:39 am

spanky

spanky

Rare Earth Get Ready 1973

2Rare Earth Get Ready 1973  Empty Re: Rare Earth Get Ready 1973 Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Never saw them live, though I did build the stage for them . They performed at my high school on sept. 19, 1970. I was on the stage crew and we erected a huge stage for them which we had built the previous year to hold The Brooklyn Bridge for their concert.

The stage was 40' long , 20' deep and 5' high . we're talking pretty big here. though our auditorium held 1,000 they had the concert in the gym , which was why we needed to build a stage. The gym held about 2,000. I heard it was a great show !

Now why wasn't I there ? Well because I had purchased tickets to see another band that night that you may have heard of:

Led Zeppelin at the Garden. I had 19th row orchestra - the tickets cost me $7.50 and my date was one of the hottest babes in the school, who is now a chiropractor ! LOL I adjusted a few things on her wardrobe that night myself ! OH yeah !

Thanks Spanky !

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

3Rare Earth Get Ready 1973  Empty Re: Rare Earth Get Ready 1973 Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:14 pm

spanky

spanky

When I saw Zep the tickets were also $ 7.50 and I was high on LSD which made the show even more amazing Very Happy

Last edited by spanky on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Rare Earth Get Ready 1973  Empty Re: Rare Earth Get Ready 1973 Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

I didn't like to trip at concerts too much - a little too intense and I couldn't concentrate on the music because every little thing became a distraction. There was one memorable night though, late show at the Academy of Music with Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band opening for the J. Geils Band - a winter night. 5 of us had 4th row center and ended up standing on the armrests of the seats during the J. Geils set. The most amazing thing was that, while it was winter, it had yet to snow. We entered for an 11:30 show and got out about 5:30 AM . While we were in there, it had snowed about 3 inches and then stopped. So when we came out, here was this beautiful blanket of pristine, untouched snow everywhere- and due to our state of mind, we all questioned whether it was real or were we all imagining it together ! We began to make snow angels on the sidewalks ! And not just us, but dozens of other freaks were having the same experience. You had to be there to appreciate it ! LOL

thanks Spanky !

http://www.drumminfool.com

5Rare Earth Get Ready 1973  Empty Re: Rare Earth Get Ready 1973 Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:29 pm

spanky

spanky

Yeah Ted everything does become a distraction, I still remember Jimmy Page playing his vintage Les Paul with a violin bow, and I was stuck on the trails and colors that were coming off of that bow, and that machine Jimmy was using to make all those sounds on A Whole Lotta Love. That was in 71 or 72 but I still remember that show very well, glad that I did get to see John B, before he passed away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum