BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerry Brown [Zildjian Day

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gerry Brown [Zildjian Day Empty Gerry Brown [Zildjian Day Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:57 am

spanky

spanky

Gerry Brown, my hometown bro, now this cat is good played with Stevie Wonder for 14 years. He is the first musician that Stanley Clark ever played with. And Gerry does a lot of stick spinning on all his live shows I don't care who he is with. But this cat is good, he is a great R&B Funk and Jazz and Fusion drummer.

Gerry Brown Stevie Wonder Drum Duet

2Gerry Brown [Zildjian Day Empty Re: Gerry Brown [Zildjian Day Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:35 am

Racman

Racman

Yes in deed my friend. Jerry Brown been my all time fave since the seventies. I last saw him perform with Sadao Watanabe at he Sheraton Waikiki Ballroom. He is an incredibly fast player, when need be, along with his back-sticking technique being just as fast during soloing. Just an incredible artist, no doubt. Personally, I liked his playing with Chick over Steves. Brown is pivitol to old school when extraordinary technique coupled with groove was paramount and .....contextually musical! cheers cheers cheers cheers My opinion here - that's it for me.

Thanks for the info hea.

Rac

http://www.glennracoma.com

3Gerry Brown [Zildjian Day Empty Re: Gerry Brown [Zildjian Day Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Asaph

Asaph

Terrific player! Yeah his playing with Chick and Stanley. Great stuff. One of the fathers of the really dynamic stick magicians.

http://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com

4Gerry Brown [Zildjian Day Empty Re: Gerry Brown [Zildjian Day Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:17 am

Colin

Colin

I wish John Lee /Gerry Brown ' Chaser' 1979 Columbia LP
would come out on woundedbird/sony 24bit CD

Outtasight
Colin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum