BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dennis Chambers

+2
D. Slam
Daveonskins
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dennis Chambers Empty Dennis Chambers Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

An update From Dennis-Glad to see he's doing ok Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKG0rQ0cVwY&feature=youtu.be

2Dennis Chambers Empty Re: Dennis Chambers Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:07 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

This is just wonderful to see! And he DOES look
considerably better since the last time I saw him.
He will stay in my prayers.

Keep getting better Dennis. Looking forward to
you bringing it again in January.

Was that an acrylic set of drums he was sitting
behind?

3Dennis Chambers Empty Re: Dennis Chambers Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:52 am

stephane

I had no news,so i'm happy to see Dennis talking to his fans and getting better!
See you next year in Paris Man!!! Peace,Stef.

4Dennis Chambers Empty Re: Dennis Chambers Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:04 am

Colin

Colin

What was he taking a Fast Diet gear?
Or is this after he got ill?

Great to see a New Video from him

Outtasight
Colin.

5Dennis Chambers Empty Re: Dennis Chambers Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:14 am

Colin

Colin

[Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Morris
Guys please: Dennis has been a friend of mine for over 20 years. I know the man, he's quiet he's very much a family man and a private person. That's why the both of us get along so well. We hardly ever talked shop, we talk about travel, the kids, the wife, being away from home. That's why I think we got along right off the bat. Have some respect. How dare you dis his wife in any way shape or fashion. Can you possibly imagine how upset she is. Can you? This is just not a drummer, he's a man. When you get older in the business the one thing god gives you is the way you can look back on your career and see how blessed your life has been. To my kids I'm not Joe Morris, I'm DAD. Huge difference. All you can do is send him good vibes and prayers. and come on man be respectful.]

[Posted by pocket -full-of gold
Oh turn it up Joe. The dude is yellow.....full on friggen' jaundice-like yellow. Just look at that vid posted in the OP. He doesn't look well.....blind Freddy can see that. Add that to the fact that he's just been hospitalised for some mystery illness and people are naturally going to be curious and enquire if all is ok. I understand his missus is naturally frantic, but responding by flipping her lid over the fact that people so much as dare to enquire about the bleeding bloody obvious was naturally gonna have people wonder just what the hell is going on. Yet you've somehow equated that to disrespect? Long bow. I know he's a mate but that's bullshit mate, no one here crossed any line by displaying curiosity and showing concern.......you know it and I know it.

No we don't have a right to know what's up, but to be honest with you, I don't see anyone here pushing that boundary anyway. It's not like we're staking out on his front lawn waiting for snaps to send to News Of The World. You can't seriously get up people for being concerned enough to ask in the first place, surely?. ]

From HERE
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118178

Outtasight
Colin.

6Dennis Chambers Empty Re: Dennis Chambers Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:55 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Colin, Below is what Renee Chambers wrote on Facebook
and then my reply:

his is from Renee Chambers...
Please read!

FROM RENEE :

"To all of Dennis Chambers friends, fans, well wishers and alike.
Unfortunately there is a lot of conversation about Dennis on face book and the internet. I do not and will not give out any specific information to anyone concerning Dennis's health and trust that all of you who may know more than others will do the same. It is a private matter and should be respected and treated as such. My children and family members have been very upset about the information that has been spread. Dennis is a very well know, respected, and successful musician, but he is also a very private family man. (Sometime people don't know what to do with information they may have or not think about the damage you can do with what you may have.) Consider if something were to happen to you today or tomorrow? How would want people to handle your personal information?

What happened here in Spain was unfortunate, unexpected, shocking and scary but it doesn't warrant the public to be privy to the specifics of privacy. I am very big on confidentiality and I'm sure some or you feel the same about yourself and your own situations but are not treating Dennis with the respect you would expect. I respect my husband and my family. Despite the rumors about Dennis Chambers, he is very much alive and doing much better. What I have learned over the years is that friends, family, and those really concerned don't ask about specifics they just want to know how to help and begin to pray and send well wishes with no questions asked. What is it that you could do if you knew more about his health besides gossip about it? What benefit would it be for you or for him? We have had enough of accusations and people analyzing him.

For those that have been truly concerned and are praying, thank you so very much and continue to pray. For those of you who have been gossiping, posting, texting and what ever else, let it go! Don't allow yourself to be caught up in tearing him down but instead be apart of the building him up. You never know what situation you might find yourself in tomorrow so don't be so quick to judge or assume. I was always taught to "Do unto others as you would HAVE them do unto you". Treat people the way you would want to be treated. Gossip kills, while prayer heals. Where are you in the process. What I see in all of this is that there are a lot of people praying now who were not praying before for any reason.

To God be the Glory for the things he has done. He has also brought people together from around the globe to pray with out ceasing while expecting change, good health, healing, wholeness and a sound mind as a result. God will use anyone and any situation to bring prayer back into our lives. What the enemy wants to use as evil, God will turn it around for his good! And so I say to you, stop the negative emailing, texting, posting, and gossiping and start praying and reaching out to one another and give support. Touch and agree on those things you are praying for. If you want things to change you might have to change the way you do things. We all love Dennis and want nothing but the best for him. Thank you all for loving and caring enough about him to cover him in prayer. We also send out prayers to all of you and your families. Be blessed. Renee"

Don L. Thomas:

"I hear Renee, Loud and clear! But in truth, I take issue with this statement: " What I have learned over the years is that friends, family, and those really concerned don't ask about specifics they just want to know how to help and begin to pray and send well wishes with no questions asked." The fact is that it's only natural to ask what happened.... Someone calls and says so and so is in the hospital, the very next question out of ALL OUR MOUTHS is "What happened?!" It's only natural!

When I saw a video of Dennis in the dressing room backstage at a Mike Stern concert I was shocked! I didn't recognize him!!! NATURALLY, I wanted to know what caused this... Not to gossip about it but because the contrast of before and after was so drastic and shocking and I was genuinely concerned and naturally curious to know what brought this on. That being said, I also respect Dennis' desire and right to keep this private and also if you don't have the facts then don't spread rumors and half truths if there are any truths in it at all.

But please understand that Dennis Chambers is a PUBLIC FIGURE and a major contributor and influence in the drumming community... So guess what, folks, it goes with the territory. Without wanting or trying to be insensitive, the fact of the matter is the kitchen and heat go hand in hand. Thus, if you can't stand the heat.......... Get well, Dennis."

7Dennis Chambers Empty Re: Dennis Chambers Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Colin

Colin

Thanks Don

Outtasight
Colin.

8Dennis Chambers Empty Re: Dennis Chambers Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:54 am

Woody

Woody

I, too, had asked what was the matter with Dennis.
What purpose would it have to with hold that information and have people speculate what is wrong with him. I think it would do more damage that way rather than come out with the truth and let people know the truth.
Either way I hope his health improves and that he can recover from whatever ails him.
I have my suspicion as to what he has but I will keep my opinion to myself.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

9Dennis Chambers Empty Re: Dennis Chambers Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

In this universe, empty spaces
get filled and where there is mystery,
it is the same.  People come up with
ideas to fill the void.

I understand people's concern for him.
I know about privacy.  I also know that
when mystery is chosen people go