BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bragging rights.

+2
D. Slam
Woody
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bragging rights. Empty Bragging rights. Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:07 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Billy was kind enough to send me "Palindrome" in it's entirety. There's some cuts on here where he pulled out all the stops! Awesome playing and arrangements on this piece... Two for Juan, Obliquely speaking, Isles of skye, Oh my God!!! Still listening! This cd is among his best work ever! One thing I really like about this is the larger, more open drum sound and some of the ways he interluded with what seemed to be these little sequenced parts of some familiar tunes. I really like Fruit of the loom, but Billy knocked this one out of the park!!!! FUN, FUN, FUN!!!! Great musicians, great playing, great CD!

Billy, I love you, man! Absolutely wonderful!!!

Don.

2Bragging rights. Empty Re: Bragging rights. Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Woody

Woody

The one thing I've noticed about Boomers playing is that it gets better with age.
Just like a fine wine!!! rendeer

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/robertwoodbury

3Bragging rights. Empty Re: Bragging rights. Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:40 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Woody wrote:The one thing I've noticed about Boomers playing is that it gets better with age.
Just like a fine wine!!! rendeer

You got dat right, Woodman!

4Bragging rights. Empty Re: Bragging rights. Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Racman

Racman

I'll second dat! cheers sunny

http://www.glennracoma.com

5Bragging rights. Empty Re: Bragging rights. Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:24 am

stephane

Lucky Don!!!I'll have to wait...Peace,Stef

6Bragging rights. Empty Re: Bragging rights. Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:01 pm

fuzit

Go ahead D., with your bad self! A First listen to BC's new CD...Who says you aren't special!!!!! Wink

7Bragging rights. Empty Re: Bragging rights. Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:36 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

fuzit wrote:Go ahead D., with your bad self! A First listen to BC's new CD...Who says you aren't special!!!!! Wink

Actually, I'm honored, fuzit. In working with Billy as a drum tech over the past year or so, we have become friends. As big a drum legend as he is, he sees himself as just a regular guy. There is no inflated ego, no belittling of those around him. When he works he's extremely patient and accommodating with those he's hired for the job. If you're in anyway intimidated about meeting Billy Cobham the drum legend when you walk into the room, All the intimidation is dissolved by the time you walk out.... Billy puts you at that kind of comfort and ease.

I still wouldn't want to setup next to him on stage though... affraid Laughing

8Bragging rights. Empty Re: Bragging rights. Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:53 am

Suss

Suss

D. Slam wrote:
fuzit wrote:Go ahead D., with your bad self! A First listen to BC's new CD...Who says you aren't special!!!!! Wink

Actually, I'm honored, fuzit. In working with Billy as a drum tech over the past year or so, we have become friends. As big a drum legend as he is, he sees himself as just a regular guy. There is no inflated ego, no belittling of those around him. When he works he's extremely patient and accommodating with those he's hired for the job. If you're in anyway intimidated about meeting Billy Cobham the drum legend when you walk into the room, All the intimidation is dissolved by the time you walk out.... Billy puts you at that kind of comfort and ease.

I still wouldn't want to setup next to him on stage though... affraid Laughing

Billy made me feel that way when I was on a summer gig during college. I met him and drove him to a Dreams rehearsal at "Baggies" in SOHO (South Houston/New York City). He changed my musical life. Since then, the rest is history.

D. Slam wrote:I still wouldn't want to setup next to him on stage though... affraid Laughing

Now that's the difference I think (IMHO). I'd love to set up next to Boomer on stage. I think we'd both learn something! The man would kick my butt with his precision, but I think I'd investigate some percussive avenues that Billy would just love to groove on. [Mind you, I say this as a "child" to the percussive father of us All!]

Rolling Eyes cheers Rolling Eyes bounce Rolling Eyes alien alien

http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsussewell  http://www.facebook.co

9Bragging rights. Empty Re: Bragging rights. Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:57 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Now that's the difference I think (IMHO). I'd love to set up next to Boomer on stage. I think we'd both learn something! The man would kick my butt with his precision, but I think I'd investigate some percussive avenues that Billy would just love to groove on. [Mind you, I say this as a "child" to the percussive father of us All!

Yeah, I think you'd learn not to do that a second time. lol!

10Bragging rights. Empty Re: Bragging rights. Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Suss

Suss

D. Slam wrote:
Now that's the difference I think (IMHO). I'd love to set up next to Boomer on stage. I think we'd both learn something! The man would kick my butt with his precision, but I think I'd investigate some percussive avenues that Billy would just love to groove on. [Mind you, I say this as a "child" to the percussive father of us All!

Yeah, I think you'd learn not to do that a second time. lol!

Nope. I say again, I'd love to set up (and on stage) next to Boomer. I'd lay the bed (and solo at times), while he provides his signature approach and precision.

No gauntlet thrown to the floor here though. It would just be fun! I'm up to it.

bounce cheers bounce Basketball

http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsussewell  http://www.facebook.co

11Bragging rights. Empty Re: Bragging rights. Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:08 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

What can I say, Uncle... We all have to bump our heads sometimes. Some of us a little harder than others. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum