BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

James Moody...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1James Moody... Empty James Moody... Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:51 pm

rarebit

December 9th 2010
Dear Friends,

My sweet, darling, precious husband died today at 1:07 PM after a 10 month fight with Pancreatic Cancer. Because my greatest wish was to ensure that Moody transitioned peacefully and quietly we have been at San Diego Hospice and Institute for Palliative Medicine since last Monday. With their help my wish was granted. I feel so grateful for the privilege of being this amazing man’s wife for almost 22 years. I learned so much from this beautiful gracious, kind person. The most important lesson being how to participate unconditionally in the most amazing love affair one could possibly imagine. Moody had two goals. One, to go to a special friend’s wedding on 10/10/10, and two, to see his great-grandson born on October 22nd. He made both of those goals and even came to Thanksgiving dinner long enough to tell the family how much he loved all of them. We have a very close, very loving family and Moody has made such a difference in our lives.

God has put people in our lives that have presented amazing gifts to us medically and personally. Moody and I have felt love all around us since we started this journey last February. I want to thank Moody’s internationally acclaimed surgeon, Dr. Babs Moossa, who has been our Angel and stood by us constantly since Moody was released from the hospital last May. Dr. Moossa has always given us the best advice and been there for all of Moody’s needs.
Many of you have met Dr. Jerome Robinson and his wife, Pamela on the Jazz cruises. They have been the reason Moody’s heart has kept ticking for the last 15 years. I wish to thank them for their wonderful friendship and going above and beyond for Moody’s care. Pam and Jerome are very special people.
Thank you to Dr. Charles Kossman, Moody’s oncologist, who has seen us through this last faze of my husband’s life. Dr. Kossman is a very kind, loving man and completely supported Moody’s decision not to have treatment and enjoy the time he had left.
I want to acknowledge Moody’s wonderful, caring Hospice Team; Yvonne, Al, Jack and Mindy, who were always there when we needed them.
Thank you to all the friends and Moody fans who have sent thousands of well wishes on Facebook, e-mail and cards to my precious husband. He was astonished at the outpouring of love.

A public service will be held on Saturday, December 18th. There will be a morning viewing at Greenwood Memorial Park, 4300 Imperial Avenue, San Diego, 92113 and graveside service at 12:30 PM. Then at 2 PM, there will be a celebration of Moody’s life at Faith Chapel, 9400 Campo Rd in Spring Valley, 91977, officiated by Pastor Charlie Gregg, who married us almost 22 years ago.

Thank you so much for your love and concern,
Mrs. James Moody (Linda)

2James Moody... Empty Re: James Moody... Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Sad and beautiful. sunny I love you

Thanks, rare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4yyIWSLGAw

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum