BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

YAMAHA ROCK TOUR CUSTOM DRUMS

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1YAMAHA ROCK TOUR CUSTOM DRUMS Empty YAMAHA ROCK TOUR CUSTOM DRUMS Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:11 pm

drumman

Anybody own one of these kits?
I believe Yamaha produced these from around 1990-1994, these were pretty nice drums.
Not to be confused the with current drums that Yamaha are making, using the Rock Tour name.
Any feedback would be appreciated.YAMAHA ROCK TOUR CUSTOM DRUMS Yamaha10

2YAMAHA ROCK TOUR CUSTOM DRUMS Empty Re: YAMAHA ROCK TOUR CUSTOM DRUMS Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

3YAMAHA ROCK TOUR CUSTOM DRUMS Empty I play on these Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:02 pm

RevKev

Hey, I do have this set. I've got a 7 piece kit (double bass). I use it with a very hot snare for a snapping sound over these low toned drums. I'm not sure if you can tell but these are very very deep shells so the sound is far from a new aged "Jazz" that many guys are moving towards. This new pop/jazz kits are usually composed of a small riding tom and typical floor tom and a small but long bass drum. The bass drums on this Yamaha kit are larger (though not as deep) than most drums I've ever seen.

The kit's qualities:
-They are extremely durable and travel friendly
-The lugs run the entire length of the drums (extremely durable)
-Deep tones (definitely hold true to the "Rock" name)
-Deep Shells
-Excellent/durable hardware
-Limited positioning (Since the riding toms are so deep you have to almost definitely angle them so as to not be chipping the bass drum finish. Remember the bass drum is already taller and the drums are taller therefore you've got to angle them or raise them to a height that's almost impossible)

Overall, these drums are EXCELLENT drums for the cost. They've got great sound and again are incredibly durable. You can beat the tar out of these things. They are somewhat limited in the range of style of music you'd be playing but I can't recommend these drums enough.

4YAMAHA ROCK TOUR CUSTOM DRUMS Empty Re: YAMAHA ROCK TOUR CUSTOM DRUMS Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Suss

Suss

My mainstay is a Yamaha Custom kit. They are marvelous drums among the many manufactured. The key is to customize them for yourself, and then play them according to your customization. Having something does not equate to making the best use of it and beauty is only in the eyes of the beholder!

My snare drum, however, is a Noble & Cooley signature series among a limited edition.

... so having said that... (ahem)... I'll take it!

LOL!

http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsussewell  http://www.facebook.co

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum