BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evans EC Resonant heads

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Evans EC Resonant heads Empty Evans EC Resonant heads Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:35 am

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

I just re-headed my Yamaha Maple Customs (Not the absolutes) with Evans EC 2 Clears for the batters, and the new EC resonants on the bottoms.

Many of us have tried the EC2 batters I'm sure, and you know the sound-
The EC Resonants really did bring out the mid range cut in the drums, while still maintaining a nice warm punch to the floor toms. I'm using 12-16-18 for my set up with a 22x18 bass Drum. 8x14 Craviotto Snare Drum.

I can see where these heads would work well in louder situations because they bring the volume up, yet they still have a nice fundamental note, and sing. I usually have to put some degree of tape on the bottom heads of the drums especially the 18'' floor tom----Sometimes to get the pitch I want leaves the drum ''Growling'' at me...it's a fine line for me to get what I want to hear. But I didn't have to put one peice of tape on my 18 which is amazing. They were easy to tune as well.

I'm really pleased with the results in combination with the EC2 Batters. If you haven't tried these yet it's worth checking out. I'm excited to hear what they will do in the recording studio in a few days-

D.L.

2Evans EC Resonant heads Empty Re: Evans EC Resonant heads Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:27 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Thanks, D.L. I use G1's and G2's on the batter side of my toms but I definitely want
to try the EC resonant heads. I'm anxious to see if they'll give me the round resonant
tones I look for from my toms.

3Evans EC Resonant heads Empty Re: Evans EC Resonant heads Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

I don't think you'll be dissapointed Don,
I think this combination will be on my Yamahas for a long time-
I put an EC2 Batter on the bottom AND top of my 18'' floor tom __Holy Mackerel --Thunderous!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum