BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just came across this...not drum related!

+4
Daveonskins
kenny
D. Slam
Niki
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

rarebit

If you're THEE SUPERpower it's your duty to do the right thing. No matter what. Killing innocent people in the name of Democracy is doo doo. If you bomb the hell out of someone and expect them to respect you and your politics that your trying to make them believe you're just dumb.... What the USA did and is doing in Iraq is dumb. It was a dumb expectation on the USA's part from the start.

And yes, Hitler was a jerk. Mad

Niki

Niki

Just to give another view on some of the issues, I'm not trying to promote anybody (obviously), but its a clear analogy, again, and though presented overly dramatic and to promote Ron Paul, still I found this to be interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxyYjNIVsT4

http://myspace.com/nikidolp

Niki

Niki

sorry for being so caught up in this...but you are almost the only American buddies I have :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmHLKR7wrIU&feature=related

http://myspace.com/nikidolp

Suss

Suss

It’s my moral and spiritual responsibility to inject my thoughts in this thread. I believe it’s a fire that ought to be fueled instead of the apathy certain to cause future horrid events.

kenny wrote:It was all about securing and controlling the flow of oil. That's it. All these people are puppets to that end. They can talk on all the news shows they want. They are skirting the issue and that is total economic control of oil.

Daveonskins wrote:I really wish it was all about oil...These Middle East affairs go far beyond that unfortunately.

kenny wrote:Do tell us then, what are these wars started over?
human rights? I don't think so. liberation? hah that's rich!

If anyone takes a careful look at recorded history, our past is rife with one group of people seeking to control another group of people by means anywhere from manipulating internal politics to outright armed invasion.

Yes indeed, our oil reserves are waning – and yes, the U.S. has its own yet to be tapped. Yet there are agencies within our government whose sole purpose is to monitor any project’s impact on the environment – particularly the EPA with its off shoots conducting “risk analysis,’ funding and the like.

Equally important is that there’s an ideological component to our conflict with the middle east. Principally, the rabid zealots will take any step to eradicate the “infidel.” In other words [oil or no oil], everyone is an enemy unless they are Muslim. Mind you, I’m not saying that all Muslims are malcontents – in fact the very opposite is true. Yet combined with the competition for “resources,” conflicts will surely result. History has proven this to be true.

Finally, and I think as sad as any consideration if not more so, is the de-humanization suffered by many. U.S. history testifies to this fact at the hands of European imperialism… and remnants remain today of certain mentalities held by ignorant people.

Frederick Douglas [U.S. statesman, writer, social reformer and human being] stated: “No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck.” Unless there’s a change in our hearts, no one should expect a global change simply because we vote for one person/administration versus another. We also shouldn’t expect much change in a “free market” economy unless sovereign nations are responsible for their own soil and citizens – and that before looking elsewhere to get what they don’t have.

While everyone has an opinion, and valid one’s at that, my choice has been and shall be to monitor my morality by the greatest words ever written. One does not have to be a Christian to see the truth in the principle:

James 4:1-17
1 What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members?
2 You lust and do not have; {so} you commit murder. And you are envious and cannot obtain; {so} you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask.
3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend {it} on your pleasures.
4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
5 Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: "He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us"?
6 But He gives a greater grace. Therefore {it} says, "God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
7 Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9 Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning, and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.
11 Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother, or judges his brother, speaks against the law, and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law, but a judge {of it.}
12 There is {only} one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?
13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow, we shall go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit."
14 Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are {just} a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.
15 Instead, {you ought} to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and also do this or that."
16 But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil.
17 Therefore, to one who knows {the} right thing to do, and does not do it, to him it is sin.
(New American Standard translation)

http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnsussewell  http://www.facebook.co

Suss

Suss

Took me awhile to remember this song, but at least for me things are in perspective now. Not to cast blame (given human responsibility), but the demon does exist!

However, aside from the spiritual issues, Bobby Colomby of Blood, Sweat & Tears is one of my all time fav kickers!

Suss

Suss

Blood Sweat & Tears' "Variation on a Theme;" Erik Satie ...

... lest I be confused for a harbinger of fear.

rarebit

Ron Paul worries me a little bit. For the most part I like what he says but I wonder how far he really would take it? Seems like he wants to get rid of almost everything the U.S. government does.

Suss

Suss

rarebit wrote:Ron Paul worries me a little bit. For the most part I like what he says but I wonder how far he really would take it? Seems like he wants to get rid of almost everything the U.S. government does.

Exactly! Democracy is an experiment, albeit the best one so far. I'm not impressed with any candidate at this point. I guess I'm old enough to know better.

Asaph

Asaph

Of the four left Paul is the only one strictly Constitutional. As such, there's nothing he could actually do if elected. Dems hate him. Repubs don't like him either. Basically his pen would create a stalemate in Washington, which is fine with me. The less the federal government does the more freedom and liberty we have. Anything he could get repealed is great news.

He can be turned around on the dangers of Islam. The others will never be turned around on the dangers of big government and out of control regulations, oversight, and spending other people's money.

http://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com

Suss

Suss

Niki wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU6KMYlDyWc&feature=related
Let's better not discuss this, but its really [really] interesting and fairly scary… [@ 8’ 50”]!!!
8:50 ! ! ! Peace, Niki

Asaph wrote:Of the four left Paul is the only one strictly Constitutional. As such, there's nothing he could actually do if elected. Dems hate him. Repubs don't like him either. Basically his pen would create a stalemate in Washington, which is fine with me. The less the federal government does the more freedom and liberty we have. Anything he could get repealed is great news. He can be turned around on the dangers of Islam. The others will never be turned around on the dangers of big government and out of control regulations, oversight, and spending other people's money.

Niki didn’t want to discuss this and I sense why. So along with others, I’m chiming in as well with bells on!

Why are (or should) anyone be afraid when met with imminent danger on a political level. The real fear is anticipating danger when there is none on any level. Yet we’re all threatened these days about dangers both real and perceived.

So Niki, out of respect for you, I must provide a transfusion for some while not neglecting you (my friend abroad) and not an American citizen. My apologies and desire for free travel and free trade among those who do more than “play” an instrument of any kind. Music is a function of time and melody – chord progressions resolving themselves in both aural space and metered time. Yet somehow people do what nature abhors – stalling, fracturing and obliterating Time for selfish needs on one single planet in the entire Universe. No obvious resolution - just the same BS over an over again.

Majority voting? What a joke! One man, one vote - hilarious! Everything is weighted to the point we're running out of resources to complete anything:

STRICTLY Constitutional Asaph? If strict, then apply the rule of proof – and that by doing empirically, not aspiring idealistically.

• Though I truly believe that our U.S. Constitution embraced the greatest ideals in human history, the men who founded it were corrupt themselves. They justified dehumanization for their gain. I needn’t say more.
• The Bill of Rights? Well, the same followed with continued atrocities upon our own (U.S.) soil. Now America is wielding the “big stick” in more areas than Teddy Roosevelt even thought of back in his day. I needn’t say more.
• Bi-partisanship? Are there only two parties as if choosing between one or the other? What about the rest of us who truly embrace diversity among ethnicities and cultures? I needn’t say more.
• Liberals? Well, that’s a start, but by aligning thereby, the body in the coffin is already looking at the nail to shut it and the hammer in someone else’s hand. I needn’t say more.
• Independents? Oh hell… now we’re buried for sure: without a voice except “one man; one vote.” Independent from what is what I ask? Am I not an American citizen born on this soil? Yet I’m expected to graft into some political promise when those in office (once elected and installed) are reprobate in their responsibility to the very constituency who put them there? Sorry – I needn’t say more.
• Abstinence: that’s a choice too… especially (like here in Georgia) when there’s legislation to supposedly include MORE people at the polls than exclude them as was done in Florida with Bush’s election [and who was the Governor of Florida @ that time (?): G. Bush’s younger brother. Yet it’s a debacle on Election Day.

Now we’ve come full circle in my view and this posting. So now back to Document(s); viz. the Constitution.

What is a document anyway unless the people bound by it adhere to the intent whole heartedly?

America is a great nation; but we are NOT the only nation of people on this planet. I’m very happy to have been born here as opposed to any number of places we see on the news, read about on the internet or visited as I did in South Africa during Apartheid. Nelson Mandela was in prison off the coast of Capetown. I wasn't allowed to visit there since no one would take me and scheduling wouldn't permit. Yet I was accosted in Johannesburg for pissing in a "white" man's restroom. You should have seen the faces of the authorities when I produced my U.S.A. Passport.

Yet the bottom line is that I WAS BORN from my father’s seed and my mother’s womb – both being human... and such as we all have been and shall be in the future.

We’ve all been birthed into this life knowing nothing except innate reflexes to suck on something for milk AND feel around to get to suck at something for milk. Sad to say we’re all selfish in our own way, yet more conniving at achieving what we want at any point in time. We’ll hide behind the process while stalling it in mid-stream just to get what we want).

Sad to say [and I didn't say it], but milk is for babies. Strong meat is for those who are able to discern the difference between good and evil: Hebrews 5:12-14.

I speak realistically as a human being. Yes, I'm a man of color, but I'm also a man of character. Any life is about survival; especially among humans, while masking that “big stick” under the veil of philanthropy and [feigned] caring for others. I've always shunned that side of the human element while knowing if I ask for what is needed, I expect the same back so that I may "pay forward." Such is the Principle of seed and harvest.

Actually it’s all about economy on a global scale. Ultimately, this is about spiritual transactions being made regardless of what brand of sticks or kits we drummers use.

Within our country ( the U.S.A. ), this government has divested itself of any means to recover on the short term. Assets have been sold; the work force has been transplanted or laid off in critical areas; and those knowing what is going on are coerced to be silent or thrown to the wolves. Ultimately, we’re all decimated. (… you got folks even in the music industry today who can’t sing a lick, play an instrument, yet want to be an artist for their 15 minutes of fame. American Idol? What a joke – on my compass this is just another way where those used are using (abusing) another. It’s called indentured slavery without the 40 acres and a mule. Broken promises all around at the hands of men AND women.

Personally Asaph, I don’t implicitly trust any politician [and I’ve met quite a few over my ‘adult’ years including being an invited guest to the White House in D.C. – and not for music].

Personally, the moment I vote as a constituent, invariably I’ve seen that government anywhere is based upon compromise. Actually, that’s a VERY GOOD thing since no one should expect to have his or her cake and eat it too.

Personally, I’m not about documents alone – I’m about the essence of what should be scripted and embossed in our hearts among each and everyone.

So definitively, I shudder about the Constitition "strictly." It's just a piece of paper. The spirit of the word should be as already inspired and written:

• Romans 2:13-16
• 13 (For not the hearers of the law [Constitution or any document] are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
• 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law [any document], do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: [study this on your own to know the difference between those who serve and those who don’t and why paper is going to be utterly destroyed.]
• 15 Which shew [have shown and still do - ongoing aorist tense (Greek)] the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean [interpolating] while accusing or else excusing one another;)
• 16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel [Paul’s gospel when that man was formerly known as “Saul” and held the cloak of Stephen while the multitude stoned the man because of a false accusation - JUST READ verifiable HISTORY as recorded in Acts 6:4 - 7:59].

[The book of Romans presents the most theological study of the Greek-Christians Scriptures: King James Version – what an irony since 1611 <:::::::::::::::::::>~~~~~~ that's when America smoked it's own self because 1 year later in Charleston, South Carolina, the first "cargo" of African slaves arrived on American shores. Why? Oh, I remember: for cheap labor! Families were torn asunder and husbands couldn't even find their wives, let alone children - to say little about the same atrocities perpetrated against the native people of this land. So don't talk to me about documents when euro-centric mentalities indigenous among American born caucasions still exist. YOU hold to the contracts that you write without honoring even your own among yourselves. It's a damn shame that anyone should be guilty of this whether they are black or white, yellow or otherwise. It's just a damn shame; and we ALL bear the guilt when Christians should recognize that Japeth shall be enlarged. Study and know thyself approved {Genesis 9:27}. Noah was drunk with wine, while he prophetically spoke about Europeans and those descending from them into today.

Hey, if you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen and just enjoy the meal. There's good news in the end and the desert we enjoy physically cannot compare to the promise of redemption by forgiveness and kindness spiritually.

• Peter 3:15-22
    15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
    16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
    17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
    18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
    19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
    20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
    21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
    22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
    (KJV)

Democracy is only an experiment. Theocracy is a proven truth by fulfilled utterances being history today.

Empirically it’s a miracle we’ve survived as long as we have. Personally (?), I just roll up my sleeves and keep working at what I was Called to do – and that ain’t for a session and some pittance of a royalty. When other’s respectfully say (RIP), I spealk to Eternity for those I’m Led to by the Spirit, and not by someone else with ulterior motives saying I ought to do this that or the other thing or just shut up.

No. Democracy is a failing experiment, but the best thus far in the Petri dish. Kind of makes a thinking person ask “What next?” I know, along with billions of others seeking the same answers. Just be Ready – its always darkest before the dawn.

... and NO: I don't endorse anyone because such power invested in the Presidency is just a ruse for the factions actually controlling governments.

Bless you... and keep the good fight of faith against satan and not each other. Let's just be complete (perfect) without the polemics.

Here's what the majority has always done. Incomplete.

Just came across this...not drum related!  - Page 2 MajorityVoteWithNoCompletion

The only "freedom" and "liberty" we have within accepted rules is MUSIC among the various arts.
What is light anyway? Is it matter (photons) or electromagnetic wave phenomena? It's both... and I frankly don't care. I just live and operate within it's limits... as did Boomer with his Waveform track - killer Hammond organ with Billy's driving groove:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search?q=Billy+Cobham+Waveform

Asaph

Asaph

Suss, for the record, I am pretty apolitical. I'm a registered Independent. I've only voted in one presidential election, mainly because I hate politics, because I can't stand politicians. I don't trust any of them. If I were to belong to a political party, the Constitution Party aligns most closely with my beliefs of limited government, within a Constitutional Republic.

Having said that, I believe the Constitution and its authors, however flawed, produced a nation based on inalienable rights given of God. The federal government is in my kitchen, in my living room, in my bath room, in my bedroom, in my tool shop, in my yard, in my automobile, and everywhere I go with it. I am totally sick of their (political usurpers) intrusion into the affairs of my life. Ron Paul is no more perfect than I am, but his voting record shows he is more faithful to Constitutional limitations than any of the people running for the nomination. True the vast majority of people in DC couldn't care less about the Constitution anymore, and since Progressives like Teddy Roosevelt and others, have only attempted to increase their power over citizens.

Civil government was established by God, and has His endorsement. Anarchy is no friend to any people.

Democracy is an old thing. It has been seen in various ways in various places. A Constitutional Republic is the great experiment. As a principle it is a marvelous thing. But even the Founders knew it is fragile, its fragility based on the very people the Constitution was designed to protect. Their neglect, the apathy, their lethargy could, and has brought it to the very brink of destruction.

Bottom line - I am a Christian. I believe the signs of our times point to the return of Christ in our generation. I look forward to 'the blessed hope.' Nonetheless I love my country, its historic principles, and the freedoms Americans should enjoy, which continue to whither away. Obama has done nothing to protect those freedoms, that is for sure. Few have in the last century. Ron Paul would at least slow things down by his own principles of not signing anything legislators continue to regurgitate which make a shambles of limited government. I do not believe any of the others would do that.

Majority voting has never been part of our constitutional system. It has shown itself to be totally useless in protecting society, which is why the Founders rejected it. Democracy is little more than mob rule. At least in principle a constitutional republic, a nation of laws, has shown itself to be the finest form of civil government ever established by mankind. A theocracy would be great. Whose? Can't happen ever again. Didn't even work the first and only time it was utilized. They ended up wanting a king, God gave them one, and downhill everything went from there.

Anyway, government is a necessary evil. Keeping it as small as possible is the only way this nation can truly function as it was intended.

rarebit

Suss wrote:
rarebit wrote:Ron Paul worries me a little bit. For the most part I like what he says but I wonder how far he really would take it? Seems like he wants to get rid of almost everything the U.S. government does.

Exactly! Democracy is an experiment, albeit the best one so far. I'm not impressed with any candidate at this point. I guess I'm old enough to know better.

Yeah! My problem with democracy::: Is it really 'democracy' when 51% of the people tell 49% of the people what to do?

Asaph

Asaph

"Yeah! My problem with democracy::: Is it really 'democracy' when 51% of the people tell 49% of the people what to do?"

Actually, by definition, Yes. A democracy is rule of the majority. That's why the Founders chose to set this nation up as a Constitutional Republic - a nation under the rule of law.

Racman

Racman

Okay, here we go here;

I think it all started when prayer along with God was taken out of public schools then later the ACLU managed to take the ten commandments out of the judiciary system of America...then there we have it. As of now some extreme Leftist group are trying to conjure up reasons why my, or any other, Christian church can't worship in public school facilities, of which is paid for with my tax dollars.

As churches that pay rent to schools we've known to be one of the robust financial investing institutions in the state. So the state has a lot to think about before making rash decisions here. Check out the site below, if you're interested, for more information here and we can end it hea.

Shalom,
racman

http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/autojuice?targetUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hawaiinewsnow.com%2fstory%2f16519273%2freligion-watchdog-investigating-relationship-between-churches-and-schools

http://www.glennracoma.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum