BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Husband Gets Dirty and Beautiful Again!

+2
Colin
drumman
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

drumman

The sequel to Gary's first CD is being released on February 21st 2012.

Gary Husband Gets Dirty and Beautiful Again! Gary10

Colin

Colin

drumman wrote:The sequel to Gary's first CD is being released on February 21st 2012.

Gary Husband Gets Dirty and Beautiful Again! Gary10

Yes Part 2.

I will buy it.
I feared this would not come out in these even harder times.

Outtasight
Colin.

Colin

Colin

On Part 1

Between The Music (track 3)
has Gary on Drums & Keyboards
with Jerry Goodman on Violin
Allan holdsworth on Guitar & Jimmy Johnson on Bass.

But I still prefer Jan Hammer original 1978
With Jan on Drums & Keyborads

Its the way Jan plays the Drums.

Jan Hammer 2CD Black Sheep '78 & Hammer '79
was released on 24bit CDs by Woundedbird/Elektra/Rhino in 2005.

Outtasight
Colin.

Sturla

Waiting for this to pop up in my mail box any day now. Can't wait to hear it in all its glory.

PS! Btw, good to be back on this forum again. I was on the old one ages ago....and have dropped by this one from time to time.

Asaph

Asaph

Oslo, Norway. Does Billy still live in Europe? I know he spent much time there. Were many of the old forum members from Europe? I know there's a couple members on the current forum.

Nice to have people from all over the world. Makes for interesting insights into things, musically and otherwise.

http://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

I got mine a few days ago along with a bonus track for those who pre-ordered. It's another excellent release from Gary ! I'm sure you will enjoy it when you receive yours !

And to Asaph - Billy has lived in Switzerland for a long time now but since he is always gigging somewhere, you could call the world his home !

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

tconrad

Does anybody know if a Part 3 is coming?

For those that have heard Parts 1 and 2, do you have a preference or are they both equally as good?

I'm waiting on Part 2 to appear in the mailbox.

---TConrad

Sturla

Hey!

In my opinion Vol.2 is way better. In the mixing, drum sound, and the coherency of the material and how it all combines with the concept and idea of Dirty and Beautiful. It just runs better, to me, as an album. And mind you - Volume 1 is no slouch either!!!! Make no miskake.

And it is intense ride but it is easier for me to digest because the mix seems to be so much better too . It is filled with quirky little beats and small little drum solo fills here and there. From the first song which is in 5 to a smooth and very fluid 7 groove on the next. Yet I hardly seem to think it because it runs so smoothly and naturally.
And just to hear Jimmy Johnson on the first track, and also on the new version of Fred, just had me laughing out loud. He plays sooo good that it is just funny!! Truly amazing bass playing in there.

From the intense ride throughout it all breaks down to a couple of ballads type stuff which are absolutely beautiful. THe Jan Hammer track "Rain" and also one of my favorites "Fuguie".
Speaking of the latter - I did a video for that one which you can see here if anyone feel intrigued to. All used with permission by the man himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ag7H6ZI1P4

I think and hope you will enjoy volume 2 as much as I do.

Asaph

Asaph

That was really cool. I love kaleidoscopes.

Interesting how you interpreted the music as a night scene. I hear dawn and see water in that music.

http://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum