BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yamaha Signature Snare Series

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yamaha Signature Snare Series Empty Yamaha Signature Snare Series Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:12 pm

drumman

The Yamaha 2013 drum catalog in Japan still has all the signature series snares listed for sale.
Billy Cobham, Akira Jimbo, Anton Fig, Steve Gadd, ect.... but no Elvin Jones snare.

It just seems that they are not available in the U.S. anymore, for some reason.
It's now just the metal shell snare line and the Concept Series: Sensitive & Loud series snares
that are available for the professional high end line.

Yamaha Signature Snare Series Yamaha10

2Yamaha Signature Snare Series Empty Re: Yamaha Signature Snare Series Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:03 am

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

I have the Elvin Model # 00040 Signed inside the shell by him from when I used to go see him play in Boston..
Great drum!!

3Yamaha Signature Snare Series Empty Re: Yamaha Signature Snare Series Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 pm

drumman

the Elvin Jones snare is awesome, I want to get one sometime.
I have the Akira Jimbo model, it is my favorite snare.

The Elvin Jones is hard to find used, when they appear on Ebay, they go pretty high in price.
Neil Peart mentioned using one on a Rush CD and the interest in these snares went through the roof.

4Yamaha Signature Snare Series Empty Re: Yamaha Signature Snare Series Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Yeah,
If you go to the Yamaha website, They are listed as discontinued. Too bad, cause they are all great snares.
If you ever see the bamboo model, grab it- those sound fantastic as well..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum