BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

R I P Joey Covington

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1R I P Joey Covington  Empty R I P Joey Covington Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Jefferson Airplane
Drummer Killed
In Car Accident

Breaking News

Joey Covington -- who played drums for the psychedelic 1960s band Jefferson Airplane -- was killed in Palm Springs Tuesday in a deadly car accident. He was 67.

According to the Desert Sun, Covington was driving alone around 5pm when his Honda Civic left the road and crashed head-on into a retaining wall. The Riverside County coroner's report says Covington was not wearing a seat belt at the time. No other car was involved.

Covington's vehicle reportedly hit the wall with such force ... it went flying onto an elevated driveway several feet above the crash site, where a nearby motel guest tried to resuscitate the musician.

The bystander was unsuccessful and Covington died at the scene. Police don’t believe alcohol or drugs were involved.

One of Covington's close friends told the Desert Sun, the drummer's wife believes a heart attack or stroke caused him to drive off the road.

In addition to playing for Jefferson Airplane -- known for songs "Somebody to Love" and "White Rabbit" -- Covington also played for its successor band Jefferson Starship, and co-founded the rock-blues band Hot Tuna..

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/06/jefferson-airplane-drummer-joey-covington-killed-dead-car-accident/#ixzz2VScA0CS6

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

2R I P Joey Covington  Empty Re: R I P Joey Covington Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:44 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

There is a time in everyone's life when God will say:
Okay, your time is up. It won't necessarily be from
drugs, alcohol or suicide.... It'll just be your time.

We each strive to get our earthy house in order while
the truth is it really isn't OUR house at all. For each
one of us, our check out time is on it's way.

Is your spiritual house in order? Are you prepared to
meet your maker?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum