BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dissing Louis Bellson

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dissing Louis Bellson Empty Dissing Louis Bellson Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:11 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

First,

Let me apologize in advance for any oversight on my part in bringing this complaint. If I have missed anything, I am fully aware that someone here will surely bring that to light.

My complaint is this:

To date I have yet to see a cover feature of Mr. Bellson on any drum magazine since his passing. Of all of them, I absolutely thought that Modern Drummer would have seen to this. I don't need to go into the countless, invaluable and pioneering treasures that Mr. Bellson has given us, as everyone here is already familiar with much if not of that. Not to mention that the man played and wrote his butt off and is considered among the best of the best..... EVER!

To the point, Luigi Paulino Alfredo Francesco Antonio Balassoni deserves better than this, MUCH BETTER!

Shame on all the drum mags that dismissed and slighted him.

D.

2Dissing Louis Bellson Empty Re: Dissing Louis Bellson Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:51 am

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Yeah that is a shame Don,
Louie was such a legend...The June 2009 issue of DRUM magazine has a 9 page spread on Louie, although Neil Peart is on the cover.

D.L.

3Dissing Louis Bellson Empty Re: Dissing Louis Bellson Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:06 am

fusionfunk

fusionfunk

Don, you read my mind. I sent a letter to MD, the day I got that issue. We'll see if they respond.

Russ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum