BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage of Technique and Groove: Mr. Sonny Emory

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Racman

Racman

I've always believed that technique and Groove when masterfully wedded produces music not just banging a set of drums. This isn't about "my-mother-sent-me-to-drum-school now I graduated into entering the fastest drummer contest"; but about......music.

Here is a monumental musician unfortunately not having the much respected credit earned and due him. Sonny Emery powered the Lee Retinour band on his "Live at Sunset" CD and of course having the same intensity among countless others. I've always been particularly drawn to his ability to groove, yet his skill and technique to tightness marks him as one of the most noted soloist of our time. You need to see the video in it's entirety to appreciate the man's level of musical ability. Without further a due....Mr. Sonny Emery - Enjoy if you will.

Last edited by Racman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:17 pm; edited 7 times in total

http://www.glennracoma.com

D. Slam

D. Slam

You know, Rac, Sonny is so underrated that somebody should go to Jail for it... He really does have it all!

I call him "Muscle", because he's made of nothing but lean muscle mass!.... Incredible player!

stephane

Completely agree Don,
Sonny is underrated in the U.S.A,so imagine in France...I saw him with Dave Saborn in the 90's and in a master class and each time he was incredible!peace,Stef

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum