BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Original Mahavishnu Reunion

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Original Mahavishnu Reunion Empty Original Mahavishnu Reunion Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:45 pm

drumman

The stage has been set...now it is time to walk on it.
Time to get Jan Hammer and Jerry Goodman to agree to it, maybe Rick Laird..if not
someone like Victor Wooten or the bass player in John's current band?
It's now or never, let's see what happens.

Any promoters out there want to pick an offer to these guys??

2Original Mahavishnu Reunion Empty Re: Original Mahavishnu Reunion Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:53 pm

pLee

pLee

They don't need anyone telling them what and when to do anything.

3Original Mahavishnu Reunion Empty Re: Original Mahavishnu Reunion Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Drumman, there have already been two legitimate offers for them to reunite the original band. For substantial money, and for only one concert.

The holdout is Jan . As I have said in other threads, he simply is not interested in playing fusion anymore and health concerns restrict him from traveling long distances. He lives in CT so really the only possible place would be New York . He doesn't need the money. He is content to do studio projects and helps his son's musical aspirations.

He just revamped his website and it looks nice ! Has video and audio clips and lots of stuff. www.janhammer.com Why not send him a message and see if you can convince him. Many have tried.

Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

4Original Mahavishnu Reunion Empty Re: Original Mahavishnu Reunion Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:55 am

pLee

pLee

Ted E. Bear wrote:
Why not send him a message and see if you can convince him. Many have tried.
-----------------------------------------------

Why not leave him be?

Peace, TED

5Original Mahavishnu Reunion Empty Re: Original Mahavishnu Reunion Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:30 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Word is, Jan is somewhat frail these days. I just went on his web page and couldn't find any current photos of him.
I think hoping for an M.O. reunion with Mr. Hammer is a stretch. If he IS physically able to do it, it seems he just doesn't want to....

Time to move on.

6Original Mahavishnu Reunion Empty Re: Original Mahavishnu Reunion Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:39 pm

Racman

Racman

S.R. (Sabatically Retired)

Though it would have been a nice thing.
Doing the tour thing, as some know, demands a lot from the body and robs from family and personal time.

rac

http://www.glennracoma.com

7Original Mahavishnu Reunion Empty RE: Original Mahavishnu Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:57 pm

drumman

pLee your reply is pretty stupid, I really don't care about your opinion.
Nobody is telling anybody what to do, it is just a thread about how cool a reunion would be.
Buzz off forum nerd.

8Original Mahavishnu Reunion Empty Re: Original Mahavishnu Reunion Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:34 am

pLee

pLee

drumman wrote:pLee your reply is pretty stupid, I really don't care about your opinion.
Nobody is telling anybody what to do, it is just a thread about how cool a reunion would be.
Buzz off forum nerd.
---------------------------------------------------

Embarrassed much?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum