BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Empty Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:02 pm

drumman

I have read on Carl Palmer's web site that an ELP reunion is in the works for
a possible Fall 2009 tour. Sounds nice, but don't hold your breath, I heard
this last year too. It would be nice if it happens though.

2Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Empty Re: Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:00 pm

spanky

spanky

I wonder what they are waiting for. I was really into them in the early 70,s I did get the Aquatarkus album again, this past summer, CD I mean.

3Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Empty RE: Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:58 pm

drumman

Greg Lake and Keith Emerson have ego's as big as mountains!
This could be the cause of the delay in the reunion?
Carl Palmer's web site is the only site that has acknowledged the reunion so far.
That tells you something right there!

4Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Empty Re: Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm

fusionfunk

fusionfunk

drumman wrote:Greg Lake and Keith Emerson have ego's as big as mountains!
This could be the cause of the delay in the reunion?
Carl Palmer's web site is the only site that has acknowledged the reunion so far.
That tells you something right there!

I have a good feeling that Carl Palmer's ego isn't any smaller. I met him once in the 70's, and I'm surprised he wasn't blowing kiss's to himself in the mirror. Wink

5Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Empty RE: Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Fri May 08, 2009 9:45 am

drumman

I just read the reunion has been canceled!

Keith Emerson has right hand injuries from resulting nerve damage and the dystonic factor.
It is announced on this web site, he is being treated and should recover.
He said, he is not able to play the keyboards up to the standard the audience expects.
Hopefully, he will make a full recovery.

6Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Empty Re: Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Fri May 08, 2009 4:08 pm

kenny

kenny

bummer. I heard the new album is good. I love the original elp and still listen to that stuff. just amazing and interesting music. it opened my mind to classical music when i thought i didn't like it. they made it accessable to a rock and roll kid. It's important stuff. i love the 3 fates solo stuff emerson does on the first album . It's highly inventive the best aspects IMO of clssical music. they even call some tunes inventions. Their is a certain feeling that music conveys makes me want to drink earl grey with crumpets in the veranda with miss scarlet with the candlestick

http://www.balkanmusic.org

7Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Empty RE: Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Sat May 09, 2009 2:51 pm

drumman

New album?
Their last studio album together was 1994, "IN THE HOT SEAT"
I doubt if they will make any more studio albums, mainly just a nostalgia show
at this point.

8Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Empty Re: Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Mon May 11, 2009 5:27 am

kenny

kenny

I was refering to the keith emerson album that just came out that i am dying to hear. I'm not sure of the name.
sorry for the confusion i was confusing myself.

Yeah when they came out with Love beach it was like party's over let's all go home. they finally gone and done it the band became a bad joke now.

i hope they recovered their senses. trying to be a
mainstream rock pop band was uncalled for. i trust they have seen the error of their ways and have put out some better stuff. It's not that they don't have the talent to do whatever they want to do do but that doodoo was beyond horrid

http://www.balkanmusic.org

9Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Empty RE: Emerson, Lake & Palmer Reunion 2009 Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 am

drumman

I don't think they can write like they did when they were in their 20's.
The material they put out in the 70s was a part of the decade and their youthful age,
to try that today just doesn't work.
They are different people now and the times are different.

Rush, Genesis, Asia and Yes have all done well in current times with new material, but
ELP has had problems writing and with the egos they all have that make it even more difficult.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum