BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Billy Cobham on the Cover of a New 1970's CTI Collection CD

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Colin

Colin

Billy Cobham on the Cover of a New 1970's CTI Collection CD Zzsamplebreaksofctire_101b

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?id=r2qyc6cx55&ref=index.php

$26.99 ... CD
CD (Item 536300) CTI/King (Japan), 1970s — Condition: New Copy

Some of the best-remembered cuts from the legendary CTI Records of the 70s – all tracks that have been sampled over the years, thanks to their funky breaks and amazing grooves! CTI and Kudu have been reissued plenty in recent years, but we'll honestly say that this is one of the hippest sets we've ever heard from the label's mighty catalog – and it's got plenty of tracks that aren't that common on the reissue market – a really fresh look at CTI, one that goes way past the bigger hits of the 70s, with a focus on the label's grooves that are being dug strongly in the 21st Century! Titles include "That's All Right With Me" by Esther Phillips, "Canned Funk" by Joe Farrell, "September 13" by Deodato, "Power Of Soul" by Idris Muhammad, "I Had A Dream" by Hubert Laws, "Sister Sanctified" by Stanley Turrentine, "Ziggidy Zag" by Gabor Szabo, "People Make The World Go Round" by Freddie Hubbard, and "Wildflower" by Hank Crawford. © 1996-2010, Dusty Groove America, Inc.

I assume many session musicians
like Bill Cobham (not CTI artists) on this
may have got paid at the time only.

Outtasight
Colin.

woofus

woofus

Looks excellent, thanks, Colin . . . would be a good education for me. Comparing Freddie's "People Make The World Go Around" to Milt's recording a few years previous with Freddie and Billy, I have to give the nod to Milt:

http://www.myspace.com/jazzstream23

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum