BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is a Church Drummer?

+3
Suss
spanky
D. Slam
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26What is a Church Drummer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a Church Drummer? Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 pm

spanky

spanky

I think what I like about them the most, is their speed.

27What is a Church Drummer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a Church Drummer? Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

I like the combination of what they play and
how fast and accurately they play it. It makes
a wonderful showcase. To echo what Asaph
said, its interesting for a little while and then
it's time to get up outta there....

The way I see it though, all you need is one
player since everyone sounds the same anyway!

28What is a Church Drummer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a Church Drummer? Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:10 am

Asaph

Asaph

Do these guys crack cymbals and snap drum heads a lot? I mean, they really slam stuff hard. They're like martial arts concrete block exhibitionists. They don't seem to play off the instruments, but right through them.

Eric Moore must be having the time of his life, though. I don't think I have seen a second video of him at the same DW kit. They're all different.

http://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com

29What is a Church Drummer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a Church Drummer? Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:45 am

spanky

spanky

The drummer in my church cracks cymbals it just don't make any sense. I have not seen any of them bust a drum head though.

30What is a Church Drummer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a Church Drummer? Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 pm

rarebit

I guess it's nice that they are pushing one another in a friendly show of one-upmanship. Collectively they are developing their art?

31What is a Church Drummer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is a Church Drummer? Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Asaph

Asaph

If Eric "overplayed" the posted example, and you take away the soloing aspects, exactly where is this kind of drumming applicable? I know the black churches have this playing, apparently, though I have a really hard time imagining drummers going off like this while people are singing - choir/congregation.

Aside from that where would this type of drumming be acceptable without being overplaying? Even the greatest fusion drummers would never play like that all through a song.

http://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum