BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's make no mistake about it.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Let's make no mistake about it. Empty Let's make no mistake about it. Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:22 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Billy's site and forum was/is much more than just a webpage, it is a community, a neighborhood. We've all shared the good and the bad, we've been nice and not so nice with one another, we've shared our triumphs and our failures, our gains and our losses, we've fought and we've also loved. And when some were in need there were those that were right there to lend a helping hand.

I can never express to you the full value of your support when Audrey was very ill and we didn't know if she would pull through or not. That was an extremely difficult and heartwrecnhing time and you guys held me up and you held her up. Most of you were right there in prayer which I personally believe that she would not have made it through had it not been for that. Uncle, thanks for hanging with me during those late night phone calls when I desparately needed someone to talk to. Billy, thank you for contacting me through Skype to find out how we were doing. Spanky, thank you for the church marquee you put up on the site. When Audrey saw that, it brought her to tears. And thank each and every one of you for your thoughts, prayers and support.... That's community!

No, I 'm not getting off subject here.... My point is, is all of that came through the Billy Cobham website. It has been much more than just a place in cyberspace to talk drums... For me, I extended my family there. I was able to meet Pete face to face in Chicago, along with Dave and Spanky (Lewis) in Philadelphia. I speak to Uncle John on a regular basis by phone, I speak to Ted at least a few times a year and have even spoken to Pete and Woody a few times... Not to mention all the priceless drumming and music knowledge I've learned from Billy and the rest of you through that forum. I've roadied for Billy and had the privilidge of hanging out with him, his wife and his band members for both groups for nearly two weeks. As a matter of fact, Billy and I will hook up again sometime next week when he comes to the bay area for some business and to visit family.

This all came about through the Billy Cobham forum. So who wants to ask me what I think of that catylist to the community we all share in today?

Billy, thank you for at least explaining and coming here to help us in this transistion. It means a whole lot to me and I think I speak on everyone's (the diehards) behalf in saying that. There's no shame in my game in saying outright that I am hopeful the Billy Cobham "Were talking Jazz" and "Drummers bytes" forum will return someday.

Pete,

Thank you for you place of refuge and your commitment to keep us all hooked up. Though the community I speak of was not actually built here, This place you have established is the shelter in the storm, and we are now all under your roof................................................................Again!

My hope is that some of those that may have been lost in the shuffle will find their way here.

Gracias, amigo. sunny

A most heartfelt thanks to Billy and to each and everyone of you.

Don. I love you

2Let's make no mistake about it. Empty Hear, Hear ! Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:03 am

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

very well put brother Don, and I second everything you have said ! It truly has become a community over these past bunch of years, and we owe all this to our mentor, the great Billy Cobham ! Thanks Boomer ! Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

3Let's make no mistake about it. Empty Re: Let's make no mistake about it. Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:00 pm

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

Well, thank you, Don and Ted. Of
course, we are a testimony to Billy.
He is the father of us, all.

It really is incredible - what we have
weathered through. I think of you,
Don and Nikki and John, most recently...

Life. It moves forward like a tidal
wave and it knows no boundary
and at the same time, what un-
believable results we see, in its
wake! I am proud of you, all.

Thank you for letting me be a part
of your lives, in tribute to Billy.

Love,

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

4Let's make no mistake about it. Empty Re: Let's make no mistake about it. Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:04 am

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

I just want to chime in here and also thank you Pete-

You stepped up big-time and really put together a great alternative for us all to stay in touch. I also have learned a great deal through talking to and reading all the stories and adventures here.

I do think I am a better drummer and person for it.

Thanks Pete!!!!

D.L.

5Let's make no mistake about it. Empty Re: Let's make no mistake about it. Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:49 pm

boomer

Hey guys, it's not over until it's over! There are many good times ahead, wait and see!
Boomer rabbit

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum