BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guitar Center

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Guitar Center Empty Guitar Center Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:20 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Sad...Sad news about Manny's...

To have to be subjected to looking for gear at Guitar Center, sends a pain through my head....

I have been getting things through Fork's Drum Closet in Nashville. they're still a small shop, but they can get just about anything, and they are all pros there.

But you could still go to guitar center if you want to get a lime green orange county acrylic snare with skull head cut outs in the shell......

clown

2Guitar Center Empty Re: Guitar Center Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:53 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Yeah, Dave,

That's exactly right what you say about GC. They're this big corporate deal now and mainly all you find there is what's popular or faddish... I'm happy that there are at least a few specialty music shops in my area: Starving Musicians, San Jose Pro Drums and Lemmon Percussion. They are a bit higher in price noticably, but you can find some really cool pieces at these shops that you'd NEVER see at GC...

Money, money, money....

It never ends, does it?

3Guitar Center Empty Re: Guitar Center Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:16 pm

fusionfunk

fusionfunk

I used to work, ( sales ), and teach in a store called Dales Drum Shop here in PA. They are one of the biggest around the east coast, and they have a good selection and prices. They have a website,
www.dalesdrumshop.com, and they ship all over the USA.

Check them out. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Russ

4Guitar Center Empty Re: Guitar Center Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Daveonskins

Daveonskins

Yeah Don,

Unfortunately, it comes down to money.....not quality.

Fusionfumk,

Yes I have heard of Dale's- it's a great shop.

5Guitar Center Empty Re: Guitar Center Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:09 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

In all fairness, D.L., I'd have to say that G.C. carries and sells some good quality equipment.... It's just so run of the mill. It's like the Audi commercial where the lady can't find her car in the parking garage because they're all identical. The cars may drive great! The problem is there's nothing that's special, unique and is a hard find once the first person has bought it. This is how I see Guitar Center.... regular, everyday, old hat stuff... Sleep

6Guitar Center Empty Re: Guitar Center Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:10 pm

kenny

kenny

I always make friends with the help and they give me good deals.
One day the kid behind the drum counter offered me a 20" k custom dark ride for more than 1/2 price. i snagged it and have played it ever since. But the best deal i got was a 20" pang for 30 bucks off of craig's list.
if i can find a good deal there I'm cool with it.
But i agree most of the guitars and drums they offer are cheese.

http://www.balkanmusic.org

7Guitar Center Empty Re: Guitar Center Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:24 am

drumman

Both Guitar Center and Sam Ash have a policy of not being undersold and will match any
advertised price. You can make this work for you by doing you homework before you buy.
Use Google and Yahoo and search for the lowest price on the internet, print it and take it
to the store when buying.

Don't be afraid to ask them to match a price, both Guitar Center and Sam Ash have pretty
high prices and plenty of room to come down in price.
I pretty much view them as White collar thief's and I always try to get them down in price.
It works! You have to have an attitude of, match my price or I walk.
I have been buying drum equipment for 25 years now and I don't take any bull from stores like that.
They know their prices are high and it is a game to see which person comes out on top.

8Guitar Center Empty Re: Guitar Center Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:03 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

Kenny,

G.C. sells nearly all the major name brands at their lowest and highest lines. So if the term "cheese" you're using is meant as low quality equipment, then I haven't seen that. Like I said, it's pretty much the same stuff you see all the time. You won't find things like Trick or Axis pedals, or really nice things that's sort of in the one off category.

drumman,

I have done that very thing and on more than one occaision I've been told by a G.C. salesman that if I can get it at the other place for that price, then go for it.

9Guitar Center Empty Re: Guitar Center Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:07 pm

drumman

Dslam,
I think it is mainly Sam Ash that has the policy of matching prices, but on the wall at Guitar Center they
have the same thing.
I guess each store varies, if they don't want your business then it is their loss.

Most of the sales people at Guitar Center are "punk" kids, that are under paid anyway.
They were probably shitting their diapers when we were buying equipment. LOL!

10Guitar Center Empty Re: Guitar Center Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:42 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

You're probably right, drumman. I must admit though, that the folks at the local G.C. where I live always treat me like I'm someone special.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum