BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ted's new Cover Band

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ted's new Cover Band Empty Ted''s new Cover Band Wed May 20, 2009 3:38 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Hi folks,

Well after not playing in a band for a few years I finally decided it was time to get my butt back out there again. I had re-connected with an old band mate whom I had not seen in about 18 years. He was still playing with a few groups, but not really happy with the personnel. So he asked me if I wanted to put something together again. I figured why not so we contacted our old bass player from Route 66, and he asked three players from two of the other bands he was playing with and we have a new group.

The name of the band is 5 Hits & a Miss . We're playing covers from the 60's thru the 90's in the categories of Classic Rock, Soul and Country.

Right now we're still in rehearsal stage, but expect to be playing out by the summer. I'm putting up a short 8 minute demo with some of our songs. I recorded these on my little Edirol portable recorder. the vocals are a little low etc. as this isn't a studio recording but is us live in the guitarist's basement using all his equipment. His drums, too. Olympus with Zildjians and a Ghost pedal. LOL

WE've got to put together 3 hours of material for a show, and we''re getting close to that mark. It's gtr. bass, keys, drums, sax and a female singer.

Hope you like some of it ! Peace, TED

www.drumminfool.com/recent/5Hitsandamissdemo.mp3

http://www.drumminfool.com

2Ted's new Cover Band Empty Re: Ted's new Cover Band Wed May 20, 2009 9:23 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

You know, I love it when I read and hear about you guys gigging and preparing to gig... To me, that's the ultimate! All the play along minus one clips are cool but for me there's nothing like communicating through music with several of your peers, making one spontaneous voice as a whole. There is honestly nothing like making and being able to make a connection like that!

My hat is off to you and the rest of your band, Teddy B. You'll be there before you know it!

Congrats, bro.

D.

P.S. Is that little Edirol recorder cool or what?!

3Ted's new Cover Band Empty Re: Ted's new Cover Band Thu May 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Ted E. Bear

Ted E. Bear

Thanks Don, and yes I forgot to mention that it was Don who gave me the A-O K to buy the Edirol after he bought his a while back and played me some of his recordings done with it. But not to make you feel bad Don, but I got the new model which came out last year and didn't exist when you bought yours. I can put up to a 32 GIG HD card in it if I need to. But right now I use 8 Gig , which will allow 4 hours recording in WAV at 96KHZ, the top speed and frequency. It's quite a potent piece of technology, and well worth the bucks.

Thank you bro ! Peace, TED

http://www.drumminfool.com

4Ted's new Cover Band Empty Re: Ted's new Cover Band Thu May 21, 2009 8:03 pm

D. Slam

D. Slam

That's great, Ted! I remember you telling me when you sent me the Chain of fools clip that you had the upgraded model. That's the way technology works, man... On the contrary, I'm happy for you... I'm now looking into purchasing a digital video camera with a remote, wireless mic. This way, no matter where the user goes with the camera, the sound will remain consistant.

D.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum