BC's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BC's

Billy's Substitute WTJ Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teddy Pendergrass is Dead

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Teddy Pendergrass is Dead Empty Teddy Pendergrass is Dead Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:05 am

Admin (Pete)

Admin (Pete)
Admin

https://bcwtj.forumotion.com

2Teddy Pendergrass is Dead Empty Re: Teddy Pendergrass is Dead Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:46 am

D. Slam

D. Slam

Boy, I'm telling you....... Crying or Very sad

The tune "Bad Luck" that he did while still with Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes is my all time favorite recording by Teddy.
That powerful, earthy voice along with that slick bass line and Phat disco beat driving that tune just kills it for me. He was
surely the driving force of that group, and tunes like If you don't know me by now and wake up will attest to that.

Teddy was the cat's meow all the way up to his unfortunate car accident. What he was doing in the car with a transsexual, I'll
never know (don't wanna know, really). He was an awesome performer and really wooed the ladies at his shows. His tunes like "Turn
off the lights", and "Love TKO" would have them screaming for more.

It's sad that compared to the likes of Elvis, Michael, JB and some others, he will barely be accoladed. But rest assured that Teddy Pendergrass
was one who left an unerasable fingerprint of musical talent and vocal genius behind.

Rest in peace, Teddy P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR8KfMTmPRQ

3Teddy Pendergrass is Dead Empty Re: Teddy Pendergrass is Dead Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:25 pm

spanky

spanky

I know that some of you know, that Teddy started out as a drummer, and still loved them till the day he died. He started out playing at 15 I think it was, he would still say that he is a drummer first.

Pendergrass' career began when he was a drummer for The Cadillacs, which soon merged with Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes. Melvin invited Pendergrass to become the lead singer after he jumped from the rear of a stage and started singing his heart out. Months later the group signed with Gamble and Huff on the then-CBS subsidiary Philadelphia International Records in 1972. The Blue Notes had hits such as "I Miss You", "Bad Luck", "Wake Up Everybody", the two million seller "If You Don't Know Me by Now", and many more. Following personality conflicts between Melvin and Pendergrass, Pendergrass launched a solo career and released hit singles like "The More I Get the More I Want," "Close the Door," "I Don't Love You Anymore," "Turn Off the Lights" and others.[1]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum